PDA

View Full Version : Parasites...maybe?

rykthia
10-06-2006, 06:03 PM
Hi -

Thanks so much for your help in my previous post!! I think he is mostly happy and not stressed. His overall activity has lowered just a tad, and he's not posturing to the walls anymore. However, I did notice a few other things. I'm wondering if my betta has some parasites. He is dive bombing the gravel and then rolling in it ("glancing"), and spends about 10-20% of his time weaving through plants and even around the thermometer. To all appearances, he's itchy. I do not see anything outwardly wrong with him. He has a great appetite, scales look good. The only thing I did notice was a lump near his back fin. It looks kind of like a genreal swelling, maybe 2-3mm long and 1-2mm high. It is white-ish / gray. It looks to me to be internal.

I figured it won't hurt to treat him with mericide just in case he does have something. If that doesn't do anything, I guess I'll just let him be, but I figured I'd check with you guys in case anything sounds, err "fishy".

Thanks again!

Severus
10-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Post up your water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph, etc..), that can help a lot with determining certain things