PDA

View Full Version : What the?!?! Urgent!!!

Demi ^_^
03-01-2008, 05:46 AM
Just before doing a W/C I noticed that a few of my Angels had red streaks on their fins. Now after doing the W/C I noticed that a few have red in their eyes too... What have I done? I'm so scared! Otherwise from that, they look fine...

Please help!!!

Demi ^_^
03-01-2008, 06:20 AM
Please guys, I'm really worried, they are acting normal, but the red in their eyes is really freaky to me! Please help!

karbomb
03-01-2008, 06:45 AM
i am guess maybe a parasite. but i have no idea. sorry

mitcore
03-01-2008, 07:36 AM
what did you do different to the water?

Fishalicious
03-01-2008, 09:46 AM
Most Angels have a red around the eyes it doesn't show when they are young though...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/Cutsie1/IMG_9728.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/Cutsie1/IMG_9715.jpg

On these closer up pics you can see the red around the eyes (two diff angels)... if it looks like this then it is just natural - the coloration comes out as they age thumbs2:

plow
03-01-2008, 10:11 AM
red around the back part of their eyes is indicative of healthy angels!!!

congrats!

check out my photo here of my two angels if you like..

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=15862

Demi ^_^
03-01-2008, 10:29 AM
But they also have it on their fins aswell...

Mitcore, I did nothing different during this W/C, I added Prime and aquariam salt like I always do. I hope their ok...

plow
03-01-2008, 03:49 PM
maybe a photo could help.

cocoa_pleco
03-01-2008, 05:15 PM
hemorrhagic septicemia?

Demi ^_^
03-01-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm trying to get a photo now, but really, it wouldn't help, my camera and my photographing skills are awful :'(

NickFish
03-01-2008, 11:09 PM
It sounds very much like septicemia to me.

It progresses slowly, often with little symptoms. The fish will continually more lethargic until it finally dies.
It is caused by a form of bacteria that attacks a fish's blood vessels. The bacteria spreads very slowly, causing much bleeding along the way. Eventually the disease reaches the heart and other vital organs and the fish will die.
It is uaually caused by poor water quality, as are many diseases. Parasitic infections may trigger the disease, but are not a direct cause. The fish may exhibit dropsy-like symptoms as body fluids leak into the abdomen, causing the fish to appear pine-cone like.
It is also often due to high ammonia levels. Not sure how your fish got it
It may not affect all fish in an aquarium, and often only affects fish with a wound or point of entry.

Check your water parameters. Fix these and progress to treatment. A broad spectrum anti-biotic should cure the problem, providing there has not been too much internal damage done. Medicated food may also help. Sadly, it may be too late and the fish may die regardless. If you can see the symptoms it may be too late.
A small amount of aquarium salt added to the aquarium will help with stress and will help restore fluid levels to a normal level within the body.
Good luck.

Demi ^_^
03-01-2008, 11:29 PM
OMG! Well ,um, it doesn't look like its affecting the fish to much. Their is only a bit of a blotch of red in their eyes and a small blotching of red on their fins. My father noticed it just before doing a water change yesterday and said that their "Fins turn red when they need a water change.." But I started to get scared when I noticed their eyes :/

I'll get their water tested a bit later on today. And we alwasy add a little bit of salt to our tank after doing W/C. Apart from the red though they seem as healthy as always, they are eating well, etc..

Soz guys, I tried for a photo but I just can't get one :'''(

cocoa_pleco
03-01-2008, 11:32 PM
if it gets worse its best to euthuanise them, its a nasty disease, if it progresses it attacks their heart and its a slow painful death

some say its from water quality, but lots of people including me have had it happen in perfect conditions. ive never saved any of the fish that got it

genitor
03-02-2008, 12:46 AM
i've seen my angels get red in their fins after being stressed. It clears up in about a day or two. I noticed it once after a water change and again after i moved them from one tank at my place to another tank at my gf's place, I'm guessing in both cases change in water parameters caused it.

Demi ^_^
03-02-2008, 03:41 AM
Well, I've just been to the LFS and bought some worming tablets. The 2 guys who work their are very educated and knowledgable in their fish, so I trust that my fish will all get better. Its all because of those river catfish (Remember them?) I scooped up all my fish except the Kuhli and Bristlenoses who have no scales and atm they are in a round fish-sorta-thingy. Every 3 months we have to re_worm the Angels.

Thanx guys for the help, I feel better now =)

plow
03-02-2008, 03:05 PM
worms..really?

I would never have guessed that going on the symptoms you described..

oh well, hope the redness goes away, still, red in the eyes is perfectly natural.

plow
03-08-2008, 08:00 AM
How are those angels Demi?

Have the red marks gone away after the worm treatment?

KazAngel
03-17-2008, 01:19 AM
so fishalicious thoes slight redy pink marks at the base of the angel fins that is apparent in you pics is normal? I noticed it in my angels a while ago.