PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Gourami

Ellen4God
03-01-2008, 03:22 AM
I've had Mr. Gourami since January, and I've been wracking my brain trying to come up with a good name for him. So, tonight, as I was taking pictures of my tank for "show and tell," I started calling him Mr. Gourami. Maybe that's who he'll be...

Either that or Dopey. I have 6 zebra striped danios in the tank with Mr. Gourami, and I've been thinking about getting a 7th one just so I'll have "the seven dwarfs." Well, when I think of Mr. Gourami, I think he's developed a little bit of an identity crisis, and he now thinks he's a danio - but this is only my opinion. So, he could be the 7th dwarf, making him Dopey b/c he's pretty clueless...

Anyhoo, here's a new picture of Mr. Gourami/Dopey -

(the second is of Mr. Gourami and one of my otos)

jbeining75
03-01-2008, 03:25 AM
He does kinda look like a dopey...hmm.... Nice pic...

AmandaYiu
04-08-2014, 02:39 AM
Not sure how the fish looks dopey... hahaha. When compared to other same species he seems to look just fine :D
image source here (http://gourami-fish.com/honey-species/)

I think more colors will come into the fish with some better nutrition and some time to get used to his tank.

EvieBee
04-08-2014, 03:24 AM
I like the name Mr Gourami. But that's just me. I had some neon tetras some of which were Snow White and the 7 dwarfs and it got hard when some passed due to old age and I had the 4 dwarfs... Mr Gourami is a very cool name! I have a kissing gourami called Johnny Cash, June Carter passed. He's quite happy on his lonesome I believe and has made fast friends with Spike my golden bristle nose pleco :)

Fishan
06-21-2014, 03:57 AM
" Well, when I think of Mr. Gourami, I think he's developed a little bit of an identity crisis, and he now thinks he's a danio"

Funny, I have a clown loach that has become part of the tiger barb shoal. I have other loaches but he prefers the barbs. He's slightly larger than the dominant barb. I'm curious to see what happens as he out grows his friends.

rebecca_finny
07-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Aw, I like the name Mr. Gourami :D