PDA

View Full Version : Other Pets

Blue Ram
03-01-2008, 12:34 AM
I say a forum where we discuss other pets such as dogs, cats, birds etc would be a good addition to this site. Anyone agree?

smaug
03-01-2008, 12:35 AM
Lets keep it all about the fish,there are already too many multi sites out there.

jbeining75
03-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Everyone just posts other pet stuff in chatterbox..... I'd say another forum would draw away from this one........

cocoa_pleco
03-01-2008, 12:49 AM
its aquatic community, so other pets dont fit into that, however if its a emergency post it in the chatterbox

Eric James
03-01-2008, 01:20 AM
I'm allways up for any kind of animal or wildlife topic but I don't think it's neccessary for individual forums for each.

Blue Ram
03-02-2008, 03:44 AM
Ok, guess not a good idea.

aquarius56
03-02-2008, 01:11 PM
I say a forum where we discuss other pets such as dogs, cats, birds etc would be a good addition to this site. Anyone agree?

You have my vote...unfortunately that only makes 2 of us...:wink2: Cool Avatar, by the way...

crackatinny
03-02-2008, 11:02 PM
I agree on animals that don't require vetinary attention, but as for cats and dogs, I feel that would be a bad move, as these require vetinary attention, not just something you are told on a forum.

This is definately not a biased opinion either, as I myself have 7 shih-tzu's.

siymdapolio
03-03-2008, 05:38 AM
I agree on animals that don't require vetinary attention, but as for cats and dogs, I feel that would be a bad move, as these require vetinary attention, not just something you are told on a forum.

Totally agree with you crackatinny, my good old dog is not being treated by anyone but my local vet thumbs2: . But I love the help here about all the aquarium help topics. This should be a fish only site but I do not see anything wrong with somebody talking about another pet in the chatterbox.

gem
03-03-2008, 05:45 AM
What animal does not require Veterinary attention? Did you know there are vets that treat fish? A friend of mine had surgery on her rat when it got attacked by her dog. I take my bird and snake to the vet if needed.
In anycase....I agree that a combination pet forum would take away from the fact that this is an aquarium forum. While some of us have many different pets, I think a dedicated forum like this one is best. On the otherhand, as already said....if you want to talk about other pets.....why not post it in Chatterbox?
I belong to a specialized forum for the specific breed of dog I have. I also belong to two different boards specific to reef keeping. It makes it much easier to get answers that are more experience based on what I have. : )

cocoa_pleco
03-03-2008, 06:01 AM
yep, vets sure do take fish, when my red devil had the green terror in his mouth i was gonna go to the vet, but it was late and the doctors in didnt know how to treat fish

crackatinny
03-03-2008, 06:58 AM
What animal does not require Veterinary attention? Did you know there are vets that treat fish? A friend of mine had surgery on her rat when it got attacked by her dog. I take my bird and snake to the vet if needed.
In anycase....I agree that a combination pet forum would take away from the fact that this is an aquarium forum. While some of us have many different pets, I think a dedicated forum like this one is best. On the otherhand, as already said....if you want to talk about other pets.....why not post it in Chatterbox?
I belong to a specialized forum for the specific breed of dog I have. I also belong to two different boards specific to reef keeping. It makes it much easier to get answers that are more experience based on what I have. : )

What I was getting at is, most ailments with dogs or cats, can't be helped simply by home remedies or a tip, I worded my post wrongly I guess, yes all animals at times may need vetinary help, but it is more so with the likes of carts and dogs.

karbomb
03-03-2008, 07:03 AM
i'd make a section labeled other pets, but i can understand how people feel it would take away from the site.

aquarius56
03-03-2008, 01:33 PM

:18: )!!!!WOW....7 Shih-tzu's...how cool is that thumbs2: Plus you have your INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL birds and your fish. Your wife must be a super understanding Lady :malelovies: or she's as much an animal lover as you are. You're a lucky man. thumbs2: