PDA

View Full Version : will the plant re-grow?

SpyderSpy6
02-29-2008, 02:24 PM
I have a couple of purple plants (forgive, I can not remember the name) I will head to my LFS later today to determine the species. It looks similar to a red temple, but the leaves are purple on top, and green on the bottom, there are also many more leaves than a temple.

Either way... I moved my tank and replanted this hoping it would come back. A few of them seem to be making a good effort, but some have become slimy looking.

If I cut them off at the roots will these re-grow? Or does the slimy leaves mean it's done and I should pull it up and go buy some new plants?

digital3
02-29-2008, 08:08 PM
Are the slimy leaves dark green. It may be algae. I think you can wipe it with a paper towel. Of course, if they're in real bad shape you can prune them up and they should regrow.

ILuvMyGoldBarb
02-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Stem plants will regrow from where you cut them. If the bottom leaves are in bad shape (ie, not algae covered) then you can simply cut off that section of the stem and replant it and it will grow. Sounds like you have Altelnenthera reineckii - aka. Scarlet Temple