PDA

View Full Version : Sexing my Angelfish X)

Demi ^_^
02-27-2008, 06:17 AM
I have 5 baby Angelfish. 3 have a very slight head bumo and 2 others don't. Are the ones with the bumps male?

mitcore
02-27-2008, 06:22 AM
hi demi
i bet you were waiting for me LOL

yes the males can have the bump on the head but it is not always a good way to tell

do you remember how i told you before
straight at the front under the mouth to the bottom under fins for a male and round in the same area for a female

post pics and i will have a look for you

hugs demi

Demi ^_^
02-27-2008, 06:30 AM
How did you know?! Lol, yes I was waiting, hehe. I'll have a look now and TRY to take some piccies, BRB!

mitcore
02-27-2008, 06:36 AM
no worries
LOL
i will be on again in a bit need to cook for the family try to get the side on if you can makes my job easier

Demi ^_^
02-27-2008, 06:40 AM
Ok =) I have had a look, but I just can't notice... I need to do a W/C badly, so I probably won't be able to get a pic for a little bit :/

mitcore
02-27-2008, 06:44 AM
no worries
post it when you can just remember side on
i will wait til then :-)

Demi ^_^
02-29-2008, 09:32 AM
Sorry, I really can't get a decent picure or even an OK INdecent one :/ I have looked carefully and all 5 seem to have a round belly, does that mean I have a tank full of females? Mind you, I feed them twice a day and my father occasionally feeds them (His, er, pinches are about twice as large as mine!) Could this be a factor?

BTW, so its from the mouth to the bottom fin (I.E: Not those feeler things?) Right?

mitcore
02-29-2008, 10:04 AM
over feeding would do the big bellies, it is not how you tell the sex

hey i am in chat go there and well will talk

Demi ^_^
03-01-2008, 02:39 AM
Thanx for the chat last night Mitcore :) I think I have 2-3 girls and the rest boys, I'll have another look over the next few days to make sure, thankies for all the help lol