PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know???????

mitcore
02-27-2008, 05:52 AM
how often bristle noses breed?
are they like the livebearers whenever they feel like it or do the spawn only a few times a yr

the reason i am asking is because the father of my latest batch has grab another cave and i havent seen him out of there, it is a coconut cave,
though i havent seen any of my 2 females go in either, not to say they havent, i am just wanting to know if i am about to flooded with bristle nose fry in that tank i have counted the latest batch and counted 50 so far and thats not even counting the ones inside i cant see

please need help on this one i really dont know

and cause only hobbs answered the BN question

can someone please tell me how big they need to be before i can let them out of the netted pot?
i have a lot of preditors in that tank and i really want to grow them to sell

please please help me

Harls
02-27-2008, 06:05 AM
we have really little ones (2-3cm's) at the lfs here i think that is a selling size and they are selling $3.50 for a small, $9.00 for a 3", and then $60 for a full grown.
Hope i Helped
Harls_Aussie

mitcore
02-27-2008, 06:14 AM
so they need to be 2 cm before i can let them into the comm tank, they are covered by a pot and a net to stop the other fish plattys etc from eating them

wow what am i going to do with that many until they are 2 cm, surely they dont have to be that big so i can let them go and not be eaten

please what is the size they need to be

thanks harls

Harls
02-27-2008, 07:53 AM
well they are good at hiding so i'm sure onse they can suck sufficently they can be let out and can uplz come bacck to the chat?

Demi ^_^
02-27-2008, 10:43 AM
well they are good at hiding so i'm sure onse they can suck sufficently they can be let out and can uplz come bacck to the chat?

I agree with Harley! When I bought my little BN's, they were only about 2cm. The guy told me that although very small, the babies would be able to hide in small places and could get away from any danger =) I think you should let them go in the big tank when they are 1-1.5cm; I think that'll be fine =)

Goodluck Cathy/Mitcore!

LOL, Demi