PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Questions.

Tolley
02-26-2008, 04:08 PM
I have a couple questions so i'll put em all together here.

I think my Danios Spawned in my 40g Community as the Female got a lot thinner and when i got bak today she was courting with the male. Is there any chance some eggs are still on the sand? If so, would it be worth siphoning the top and keeping it?

Also does anybody here know about killies? I think i have way more males than females. My guess is around 7m:3f, Could this be bad? I always see the females getting chased by a group of males and then looking stressed ( Loss of colour and hiding )

Thanks any help would be appreciated.

Tolley
02-26-2008, 04:11 PM
Oh yeah also,

I can see what i assume is a breeding tube on the Killies both males and females. Is this possible? ( I know they only breed with special conditions )

Algenco
02-26-2008, 04:35 PM
the danio's would have dropped the eggs in any fine leaf plant near the bottom, any eggs that they can get to will be eaten.
Don't know much about the killi, so I'll let someone else answer

Incredulous_Ed
02-26-2008, 08:11 PM
I know nothing about the killies, sorry. If you want to save danio fry form rthe main tank, the easiet thing to do is siphon off any ones luck enough to hatch from the tank walls, where they'll be hanging. Siphon them into a breeding tank.

Tolley
02-26-2008, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the replies both, anyobdy got ideas bout the other q's?