PDA

View Full Version : plant help want to grow my own to save $$$$

mitcore
02-26-2008, 05:45 AM
i am looking at growing my own in the 4ft that broke, yes i know i posted this thread before but cant find it anywhere, it is in the maze from pg3 on ward

i would like it out doors but need advice on what i need to do and what i need to have for it

thanks all

Lady Hobbs
02-26-2008, 06:04 AM
And I remember posting in it. If that tank leaks, you could line it with plastic and dump your soil in it. You have to have a place for it for when the weather gets cooler. Heck, if you had it lined with plastic, you could have it in the house.

mitcore
02-26-2008, 06:21 AM
great idea hobbs
do i need any sort of heating?
or if i have it out in the sun would the sun be enough heat for them?

Lady Hobbs
02-26-2008, 06:27 AM
Oops. You're talking about tank plants and not house plants, right? Then plastic won't help as the water will get in there and leak out anyway. It would work for a reptile tank or house plants tho. You could have a nice terrarium.

mitcore
02-26-2008, 06:32 AM
LOL
the plan is to re-enforce the crack and fill it again but leave it outside incase it blows LOL

i really want tank plants

any ideas please

Lady Hobbs
02-26-2008, 06:46 AM
How about plants that grow emmersed and submersed, like anibius and some forums of ludwigia? You could grow them in soil and then move them to tanks when they got larger. There's got to be a bunch of them. A lot of the plants we get grow on river banks emmersed. It might be nice to have a list of those plants, huh? Why don't you do that little project?

mitcore
02-26-2008, 06:50 AM
great idea lady

i will it will keep me busy for a little while
i will start researching tom when they kids stop vomiting everywhere on me

you are awesome

hugs to you

Lady Hobbs
02-26-2008, 06:53 AM
rotf.......well, I was not quite expecting that response!

mitcore
02-26-2008, 06:58 AM
LOL

You did suggest it nicely

and i will get on it

what did you think id say ?

Lady Hobbs
02-26-2008, 06:59 AM
It was the part about the kids puking all over you that I wasn't expecting.

mitcore
02-26-2008, 07:06 AM
LOL

there is a bad virus going around the schools here at the moment and it spreads fast as well without warning

all 3 have it and 2 of the have been puke machines, i have never showered this much before LOL