PDA

View Full Version : Now I feel really stupid

mariposa
10-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Ok, so I have been using the 5 in 1 dip tests to do checks on my water progress every couple of days so far. So I just tested a minute ago and I keep getting a blue pad but on the color chart it was supposed to be pink shades. I've been thinking.."whoa, that is so way off...its so off its a different color than any shown on the chart"... Then today I decide to call the number on the bottom of the bottle of test strips and find out why mine is turning blue instead of pink shades. Well, boys and girls, it seems that your friend Mariposa is a slight idiot. I had been holding them upside down comparing to the charts. OMG, no wonder nothing was ever right. And here I am thinking I've got to be the worst aquariumist in history! lol....not the worst by far but the dumbest maybe!!! LOL!! There is even a little thumb drawn on the bottom as a clue as to where my thumb should be. Jeesh!!! Why yes I am a natural blonde. lol.

Severus
10-03-2006, 04:29 PM
hahah, it happens to the best of us

William
10-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Its an easy mistake.

Lady Hobbs
10-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Are you looking at your thermometer upside down, too. LOLOLOL That was a cute post. :)

mariposa
10-04-2006, 11:40 AM
Haha Hobbs, actually..... I have one of those stick on the side digital kinds but the other day I noticed that I probably should have mounted it the other end up. lol. I dont know that its actually upside down b/c its more of side to side but I didnt want to stick it on long ways so I turned it on its side and went on about my business. :P

kimmers318
10-04-2006, 12:34 PM
We all have done "blonde" things from time to time...but being able to laugh at ourselves goes along way towards it not being so bad! I blame it on the blonde highlights I had added to my hair to mask the grey a little :)

Tornado
10-04-2006, 05:28 PM
ive done things like that but I usually catch myself after about 30 seconds. You didnt realize that your colors were backwards on the strip as apposed to the Bottles colors? lol.

I wonder what the people at Aquarium Pharmacuticals had to say in the office after that phone call hehe.

Lady Hobbs
10-05-2006, 02:41 AM
We all have done "blonde" things from time to time...but being able to laugh at ourselves goes along way towards it not being so bad! I blame it on the blonde highlights I had added to my hair to mask the grey a little :)
They're supposed to stick to the opposite side from the heater on the upper part of the tank. I hate those things! I kept getting a reading of 83 degrees and kept turning the thermometer down and all the while it was that thing giving me a false reading. I stuck a glass gauge in the water and my water was actually 74 not 83.