PDA

View Full Version : to get another angel or not to get another angel?

minichnk
02-25-2008, 06:44 PM
so i currently have 2 adult females who like to vie for dominance (one of which recently spawned on her own) in a 29 gallon tank. i wondering if it would be a bad idea to go try to find a male to add to the mix. also the lps only sell juvenile angels will this be a problem?

angelcakes
02-25-2008, 06:46 PM
no i would'nt advise getting another angel fish with your already grown ones this can cause fighting/bullying always best to get all your angels has babies,,thumbs2:

Adrian
02-25-2008, 06:51 PM
LOL, now they tell me....I got two adults and two juvies. I was hoping to get a breeding pair, but that didn't work out yet...

angelcakes
02-25-2008, 06:52 PM
forgot to mention ive got 2 angel fish now fully grown, over in the uk if i was to go to my local lfs and asked for another angel fish they would advise against it,so they wont sell you one,

jbeining75
02-25-2008, 06:55 PM
I wouldn't put anymore angels in that 29 gallon either. They are going to get territorial especially if the one female is spawning...... Give them some big leafy plants to cruise around in and try to break the tank up into territories....

minichnk
02-25-2008, 06:56 PM
bummer the two females i have now are always fighting i was hoping a male would help the situation

angelcakes
02-25-2008, 06:57 PM
my own opinion i think that would make the matter worse,put some long leaved plants,as jbeining75 points out:19:

minichnk
02-25-2008, 06:59 PM
thanks everyone

mitcore
02-25-2008, 10:42 PM
hang on you can put in another angel especaially to pair up,
this is why i say it
once paired you are going to move anyway to breed so the tank will not be overstocked, think about it
if you want to breed you wont leave the parents in a tank that will have other fish eat the eggs and kill the fry

go get yourself another one

smaug
02-25-2008, 11:25 PM
this is why i say it
once paired you are going to move anyway to breed so the tank will not be overstocked, think about it
if you want to breed you wont leave the parents in a tank that will have other fish eat the eggs and kill the fry

thats a good idea,just make sure you seperate them when and if they pair and be ready to find the fifth wheel a new home quick if it doesnt.Good luck.

minichnk
02-26-2008, 08:45 PM
most pet stores sell juvinille angels will that be a problem with my adult ones? any pointers on picking out the males?

this is why i say it

smaug
02-26-2008, 09:01 PM
most pet stores sell juvinille angels will that be a problem with my adult ones? any pointers on picking out the males?
that is likely your best chance for success,the older ones wont see the juvy as a threat to dominance.

mitcore
02-27-2008, 01:15 AM
you tell the same way on a young angel as you do the adult though it can be a bit harder to spot, round at the front for a female and straight at the front for a male

i suggest go for the biggest juvy that you can because it is more likely to stay the sex it was bought at