PDA

View Full Version : my 10g planted tank update:) w/pics

karbomb
02-25-2008, 12:10 AM
so i wanted to give ya'll an update on my 10g, especially those who helped me out with my lighting situation not to long ago.
so i have three pics.
1st what my tank looked like before my new lighting
2nd my tank with new lighting and new plants
3rd my tank now (with some more plants i got from algenco)
let me know what you think.

Sasquatch
02-25-2008, 12:34 AM
Nice tank, what kind of plants do you have in it?

We're struggling with out 10g planted, have big hair algae problems, but it's getting better.

karbomb
02-25-2008, 12:52 AM
Nice tank, what kind of plants do you have in it?

We're struggling with out 10g planted, have big hair algae problems, but it's getting better.
mostly ludwigia repens, which although it doing pretty well i would not recommend. it is impossible to keep rooted. i think it just takes a while though.
then in the center i have four anubias barteri (only 2 are visible) since i got my new lighting i have had 2 new leaves per plant sprout up.
there is some java moss in the left corner
i have two crypts (cryptocoryne wendtii) and they are growing like it is nobody's buisnes
then there is some pearl weed
and one unknown plant.

karbomb
02-25-2008, 03:30 AM
bumpity bump bump... c'mon folks i want to hear what you have to say.

cocoa_pleco
02-25-2008, 03:32 AM
WICKED TANK! TOTM material!

jbeining75
02-25-2008, 03:34 AM
That is a nice tank..... Karbomb.... Planted it looks great!!!!

sailor
02-25-2008, 03:36 AM
Welcome to the Jungle, looking very good I like it.

karbomb
02-25-2008, 03:38 AM
thanks all, but you can give suggestions too.

Adrian
02-25-2008, 03:43 AM
This is a nice setup! Is this the same one with the algae prob? I like how you balanced it out and spaced the plants.

I don't think I can offer a suggestion, as you seem to have it all down. You may need co2 at some point in time, but that is just a suggestion.

karbomb
02-25-2008, 03:47 AM
This is a nice setup! Is this the same one with the algae prob? I like how you balanced it out and spaced the plants.

I don't think I can offer a suggestion, as you seem to have it all down. You may need co2 at some point in time, but that is just a suggestion.
yeah it is the same one with the algae problem, you can only really see it in the last pic on the bottom right hand corner as well as all along the very bottom of the tank. the back, left and right sides of the tank are so covered in it you can't see through it.
and on a separate note, i guess being an artist comes in handy when aqauascaping :)

Adrian
02-25-2008, 03:53 AM
I would cut back on the ferts, and lighting a bit. Until the algae prob goes away. But otherwise, nice. Very nice looking tank. It is great to be able to see something that we create come into its own. Gives the aquarist the biggest pat on the back. Great job!

cocoa_pleco
02-25-2008, 04:06 AM
lol, i suck at art.

never will i forget high school, i accidentally got into design studies, passed with 51%

karbomb
02-25-2008, 04:21 AM
lol, i suck at art.

never will i forget high school, i accidentally got into design studies, passed with 51%

well hey, in high school i took the same math class three years in a row.
it was a sophomore class my freshman year...
and well i do mostly metal casting nowadays. not so much with design.

hpt84
02-25-2008, 01:43 PM
I really like the tank, beside the algae. Best of all is your stocking list. There is a lot of variety to it.

Incredulous_Ed
02-25-2008, 08:05 PM
dude, your tank is amazing! nice job!

fins_n_fur
02-25-2008, 08:23 PM
dude, your tank is amazing! nice job!
Errr, I think it's dudette LOL

Nice job Karbomb!

Colin
02-25-2008, 09:03 PM
Wow, nice sorted tank, love the stage photos showing the change, and what a change, nice work.

Incredulous_Ed
02-25-2008, 09:41 PM
Errr, I think it's dudette LOL

Nice job Karbomb!
No its dude, I think.

karbomb
02-25-2008, 10:20 PM
No its dude, I think.
definitely a girl, though dude is a more universal term.

Drumachine09
02-25-2008, 10:22 PM
Looking great!

One thing I can suggest is that you move the heater to the left side, towards the corner. Not only will that take it out of view, but it will distribute your heat more evenly, through the filter.

karbomb
02-25-2008, 10:25 PM
thanks for all the support guys :)
i really appreciate it.
i love my fish tank.
and in response to hpt84 i myself definitely like the variety. i think the shrimp were a great addition. watching them swim in so graceful and i rarely have to worry about overfeeding between them and the corydoras. (my corys love brine shrimp and bloodworms)
and everyone gets along really well.
though i have seen a ghostie try to eat my betta.. funny sight.
apollo (the betta) just flicks them off.