PDA

View Full Version : Pedro and I would like to introduce ourselves.

mariposa
10-02-2006, 12:47 AM
Hi I'm Nicholle and my bettas name is Pedro. We are new to this fourm. We thought we should introduce ourselves and give you an idea of our set ups and maybe we can get some really good advice that will improve and prolong our relationship. :)

Pedro lives in a 1 gal bowl. I got him a 10 gal set up and added a Danio and a catfish for tank mates. This set up is really new but I went ahead and added them b/c someone told me that I could and it would help cycle the tank. Well Catfish attacked Pedro and I had to put the betta back in his bowl. I added a little bit of aquarium salt to the bowl and am trying to keep his temps up around 80. Not easy in this darn bowl. Well we are taking the catfish back. I found out he will get way too big for our tank and I dont want anyone in my tank who will attack my precious Pedro. I had originally thought about keeping Pedro in his bowl indefinately but I'm now mulling over actually putting him back in the 10 gal after the cat is gone and after the tank fullly cycles adding a few 3-4 more peaceful fish like the Danio. Nothing is set in stone yet except the return of the psycho cat.

Ok so now you know a little about our tank. Let me tell you about Pedro. He is the sweetest most gentle betta ever. He will eat from my hand. He always swims to me when I tap his food on the rim of the bowl. lol...hehehe...I have no illusions about why that is. He likes his food. Me and Pedro will sit up late and I'll watch him swim around and he will follow my fingers when I trace lines across his bowl. The whole point of me joining this forum is to learn how to enhance his life and maybe extend it so that we may enjoy those few extra moments that make our relationship so special. :D

Other than my fish I have 4 human children (boys ages 9,7,4, and 1), one wonderfully supportive husband (mostly :P), and six hermit crabs. My hermies are housed between a 10 gal and a large herp breeder (ISO), covered with some saran wrap to keep humidity in. I just bought a 55 gal but I have to buy lights and a hood for it and my husband is going to build me a stand so I can fit it behind my couch, so its not in use as of yet. :P

Lady Hobbs
10-02-2006, 01:31 AM
Well welcome to AC Community forums to both you and Pedro. I just set a 55 gallon up yesterday and love it. Welcome aboard and enjoy your visits here. Lots a nice folks here to chat with.

kimmers318
10-02-2006, 02:11 AM
I'll second that....welcome to AC

Severus
10-02-2006, 02:58 PM
Welcome to AC

gwenkat
10-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Welcome Mariposa. I am sure you will love it here.