PDA

View Full Version : New HC plantings!

smaug
02-23-2008, 08:04 PM
I finally got it,it is a pain to plant so i used bamboo stakes to hold it down till the roots set.Has anyone here ever planted this stuff?If so ,how long till it strikes a good root and starts to spread?

Halelorf
02-23-2008, 08:24 PM
looks awesome! I have no idea how long till it roots, my guess would be 1 week or two?

A1cntrler
02-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Are those congo tetras?? I have a trio of them in one of my tanks as well and love them. I have only seen them once at the LFS, and got them then. Most I have talked to said that they get so large, they don't want to waste tank space on them. I love mine. Very active and a nice iridescent color to them..

Tolley
02-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Smaug it looks awesome!!!! :19:

A1cntrler i think they are Diamond Tetras (which also look awesome smaug!)

smaug
02-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Are those congo tetras?? I have a trio of them in one of my tanks as well and love them. I have only seen them once at the LFS, and got them then. Most I have talked to said that they get so large, they don't want to waste tank space on them. I love mine. Very active and a nice iridescent color to them..
they are indeed diamond tetra,the look terribly bland when young but after good food and proper water they live up to the name Diamonds.Thanks for the compliments everyone.

angelcakes
02-23-2008, 10:08 PM
it looks very nice,thumbs2: i cant have them kind of plants they get eaten,thumbs2:

Incredulous_Ed
02-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Its gonna look great when it grows in. I would give it maybe three weeks to root, but thats just basing it on similar plants though.

jbeining75
02-23-2008, 11:34 PM
That looks awesome already and when it grows it will look even more amazing...

smaug
04-05-2008, 09:42 PM
This stuff isn't growing at all for me.Its roots are only about 3/8" long and it just will not dig in.Everyday I find more of it floating.I'm disappointed,Ive always been very attracted to tanks that have this stuff as a carpet plant.Maybe its the one plant that Ill HAVE to have co2 injection to grow.Anyway,sorry to dig up old threads but it seemed silly to start a new thread just to complain.

digital3
04-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Yup, HC requires HIGH light and plenty of Co2... I had some problems with mine, I found it was due to having a leak in my system. I might give it a shot again when I see that my Co2 is working properly again. Plus I want to wait till I get my new 4dkh solution for my drop checker..

hpt84
04-06-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm trying to grow it right now. It isn't growing very well, and my cories are just tearing up the plant.

smaug
04-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Yup, HC requires HIGH light and plenty of Co2... I had some problems with mine, I found it was due to having a leak in my system. I might give it a shot again when I see that my Co2 is working properly again. Plus I want to wait till I get my new 4dkh solution for my drop checker..
Ive got the light [275watts ]but not the co2,Im sure thats the culprit as well.

Augus
04-07-2008, 02:55 AM

Do you have alge problem?

digital3
04-07-2008, 03:18 AM

Yeah, I've read of some people dosing the HC directly with Excel ON TOP OF the pressurized Co2.

Also, my SAE and my Pleco went to town on it and pretty much destroyed it. I'm not sure if I'm going to try it again as the type of fish I have seem to destroy it.

smaug
04-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Do you have alge problem?
very little,mostly just the stuff you get on glass