PDA

View Full Version : Red Empress

Full3R
09-30-2006, 07:54 AM
I was told that if you keep a group of all female Red Empress that one will eventually turn into a male i was going to by about four 1 male 3 females that are about 4 inches is it true that they change sex though?

William
09-30-2006, 07:19 PM
There are fish that change sex but I am not sure about red empresses. I would say that it is more likely so that non dominant males are small and looks like females so there might be a male in the group of females just waiting for his chance. but it is possible

which tank are they fore?

Full3R
10-02-2006, 01:43 AM
i was thinking about buying them when the 180 is set up and having one hole side sectioned off but now that i think about it i might get them there own tank, theyve just been at the store for literaly over as year and i feel bad for them not to stay they arent looked after coz this family owned store takes great care of them its just i think they prefer a larger area

jman
11-06-2006, 10:21 PM
man when they color up they are great i am hoping to get a group to add w/ my collection. I just took a look at them today and i guess it's time to get a lil' cash although my friend helps with prices

jman
12-03-2006, 02:12 AM
i have finally gotten 2 red empresses