PDA

View Full Version : HELP ASAP!!!! Spawning right now!

minichnk
02-22-2008, 05:42 AM
i have two koi angel fish one of which is currently laying eggs the other of which i cant tell is male or female is coming in and eating the eggs the one laying the eggs chases the other away there are no other angels in the tank i am assuming the other angel is a female as well since its eating the eggs and not fertilizing am i correct in this assumption? if so why is the other fish laying eggs if it dose not have a partner to fertilize? is this normal? here are some current photos the one on the right with the red eye is the cannibal.

shalafi04
02-22-2008, 05:55 AM
i read on a less than helpful site that sometimes, though its unknown why, that two females will spawn, eventhough there is no male to fertilize... perhaps this is what is going on with yours... hope it helps somewhat... :/

minichnk
02-22-2008, 05:58 AM
i read on a less than helpful site that sometimes, though its unknown why, that two females will spawn, eventhough there is no male to fertilize... perhaps this is what is going on with yours... hope it helps somewhat... :/

thanks i really hope thats not the case and maybe the boy is just inexperienced

Hailey
02-22-2008, 06:57 AM
good luck! is all i can say.

karbomb
02-22-2008, 07:13 AM
on a separate post i read that fish that were not raised by their parents will eat their spawn. this could be what's going on if your other angel is a male.
best to get a breeding net.

mitcore
02-22-2008, 09:26 AM
hailey i can tell you the angel to the front of pic 2 is female but to be able to
take photos with them side on and i can sex all your angels for you the one to the back of pic 2 looks like a male but i really cant tell from the way the angel is facing

thanks cathy

Demi ^_^
02-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Goodluck, I hope their male and female!!!

Bobo the Clown Loach
02-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Speaking from a completely smartiepants point of view, you should dim the lights and put on some Barry White.

minichnk
02-22-2008, 04:20 PM
so last night i watched the female lay her eggs for a good 2 hours the "male" was kept away the entire time. it did sneak in and eat a few of the eggs but was swiftly scared off by the female. this morning most of the eggs are a clear yellowish color with some obviously white ones.....here are some more photos..

angelcakes
02-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Speaking from a completely smartiepants point of view, you should dim the lights and put on some Barry White.
:hmm3grin2orange:

minichnk
02-22-2008, 07:06 PM
:hmm3grin2orange:

i did light a candle for her lol

mitcore
02-22-2008, 10:58 PM
thanks for posting the pics
those pics only show females, it is strange cause to have the yellow coloured eggs there is a male in there

is this a pic of all your angels?
or just 2 of them

minichnk
02-22-2008, 11:03 PM
unfortunately all the eggs are turning white slowly but surely. yeah that is all the angels i have. do you know anyone in Orange county CA willing to trade a koi female for a koi male....i would love a breeding pair. THANKS EVERYONE

thanks for posting the pics
those pics only show females, it is strange cause to have the yellow coloured eggs there is a male in there

is this a pic of all your angels?
or just 2 of them

mitcore
02-22-2008, 11:16 PM
here is a pic of my male with the breeding tube down
it is under him just behind the fins, it looks like a small pipe, the other on is my girl cami, my boy is called blackie
blackie is a marble and cami is an altum

they are a great pair