PDA

View Full Version : OK kids

Lady Hobbs
09-29-2006, 10:23 PM
I have my new 55 gallon aquarium in the backseat of my car and the stand spread all over my living room floor. No way can I figure out these directions for putting this thing together.

Can I just submit pictures of my aquarium in my car and the stand all in pieces?

kimmers318
09-30-2006, 12:04 AM
LOL!!!!!
LOL!!!!!
Sorry for the double laugh...had to have at least 10 characters!

Lady Hobbs
09-30-2006, 03:37 AM
I got it together other than the doors. Can't seem to figure those out. What a job! Can't believe I did it actually.

NorthernBoy
09-30-2006, 06:10 AM
good for you...keep with it and i am sure you will finish. ;)

Lady Hobbs
09-30-2006, 01:51 PM
The doors have those hinges with those little pegs that go into holes at the top and bottom but I can't seem to figure out how to get the top on in after getting the bottom in place. The doors are the last of my worries, tho, and I have the hard part done. Come on over and help me get the aquarium in here. LOL

I've waited so long for this tank thinking I needed a truck but darned if it didn't fit right in my backseat. Awesome!

Severus
09-30-2006, 04:03 PM
Unfortunately i am completely confused, but glad you got it together for the most part

Lady Hobbs
09-30-2006, 05:18 PM
I did it! Just needed to sleep on it. All done now and have asked a couple of the guys here to haul the tank in. Hard to find help around here when you live in an old folks home? :)

NorthernBoy
09-30-2006, 06:03 PM
i believe the politically correct term is seriors home. LOL

William
09-30-2006, 07:00 PM
Good to hear that you got it done. Can be a pain sometimes.

Lady Hobbs
09-30-2006, 08:38 PM
I have it set up and running! I used a blue foil background which is nice........makes the lights cast a blue sheen. All I could think of after getting it up and running was "I want another one just like it." Sure is addictive!

shiptoshore
09-30-2006, 08:44 PM
I have my new 55 gallon aquarium in the backseat of my car and the stand spread all over my living room floor. No way can I figure out these directions for putting this thing together.

Can I just submit pictures of my aquarium in my car and the stand all in pieces?

I hope that by the time I have read this that stand is put together and aquarium is in the house on the stand!!!!! Sssssssssssh, do I hear water running??? Splash, splash.

I know you are excited and I am thrilled for you!!!

Lu Anne

mariposa
10-01-2006, 05:12 PM
Haha, I know the feeling hun. I just bought a 55 gal myself yesterday. Its for my hermit crabs though. ;) I only have a 10 gal for fish. This is my first attempt at a fish tank and I have so much space taken up with hermit crabs I dont have a lot of places to put a bigger fish tank. :p But yes this is addictive. I'm still in the begining days of my tank but I'm dying to get it finished cycled and the fish I want added. I still havent settled on the type of fish I want either. :P hehe.... Oh, my tank is also still sitting in the back of my van. I'm waiting on my husband to get home from work to help me unload it. lol. ;)

Lady Hobbs
10-01-2006, 09:40 PM
Good, mariposa, I beat you! Mine is running with 6 fish in it.

Wahoooo Get rid of more furniture! Make company sit on the floor.

Lady Hobbs
10-01-2006, 09:43 PM
shiptoshore.......post in the introduction thread, tell everyone about yourself and all the tanks you've had and introduce yourself to everyone. All the good people are right here.

Full3R
10-02-2006, 01:49 AM
Not that im questioning your building attempt but i think personally unless uve already got the tank up on the stand with water in it that u should put something that is fairly heavy not outweighing the tank with water in it just to make sure it holds or otherwise you might end up with a smashed tank and alot of water to mop up