PDA

View Full Version : green terror, blue acara and jack dempsey?? differences??

MelonMan
02-19-2008, 11:05 AM
hey could someone tell me the differences in behaviour and care between the green terror, blue acara and jack dempsey

NickFish
02-19-2008, 08:44 PM
There are so many differences I couldn't evem begin to explain them all, but I'll try!

Blue acaras and green terrors get to be about 8" EDIT: Blue acaras don't often get around 8" unless they are very well taken care of. Or that they were wild caught. It is more likely they will stop out around 6", but don't be surprised if you get a big 8" male!

[/B]Jack Dempseys get to about 10".

They are all fairly agressive, but of the 3, Blue acaras are the most "peaceful", with GTs (green terrors) and JDs (jack dempseys) tied for second, depending on the personality of the specific fish and how it was raised.

Acaras and GTs should be kept in 55 gallons or more, and so can JDs, although and adult they would prefer 75 gallons or over.

All 3 are relatively hardy, and easy to care for if you provide frequent water changes, good filtration, a variety of prepared and live or frozen foods, as well as plenty of caves to hide in.

I'd also like to add, that of the 3, JDs are my favourite! If you provide the proper conditions they are amazing fish!