PDA

View Full Version : Clown on it's side

todaie12
02-19-2008, 03:41 AM
One of my clowns is laying on it's side. I can't see anything wrong with it. Everytime I walk over to the tank it swims away.
It seems to be eating and swimming ok. When it swims away.
I was going to do a water change tomorrow. Will I still go ahead and do that?

cocoa_pleco
02-19-2008, 04:00 AM
some clowns just do that to fool you, hes fine

Kristin
02-19-2008, 05:39 AM
If you can't see anything wrong with him he's fine. They're real characters when they're happy. Sleep on their sides, pile on eachother, and sometimes really freak you out.

crackatinny
02-19-2008, 07:30 AM
I have clowns and pakistani's, and they both do it, their just kickin' back having a snooze:hmm3grin2orange:

angelcakes
02-19-2008, 07:55 AM
ive got clowns they all do it,there kinda like playing dead,it worried me at first,i dont worry anymore as its normal,:19: :19:

Bobo the Clown Loach
02-19-2008, 09:26 AM
ive got clowns they all do it,there kinda like playing dead,it worried me at first,i dont worry anymore as its normal,:19: :19:

Yep, I though both of mine were dead one day. I freaked but then as soon as I dropped in a sinking pellet they sprung up and started eating. Now it never bothers me when they do that. One will occasionally lay on his back in his hiding spot.

todaie12
02-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Thanks guys, It kind of freaked me out because I never saw him do that before.

angelcakes
02-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Yep, I though both of mine were dead one day. I freaked but then as soon as I dropped in a sinking pellet they sprung up and started eating. Now it never bothers me when they do that. One will occasionally lay on his back in his hiding spot.
the bigger they get the more they do it,:hmm3grin2orange:

shalafi04
02-19-2008, 06:20 PM
clowns actually do this to rest. just like a betta will lean atop a plant to take a break. Apparently they're well known for "playing dead" all 4 of mine do this constantly, and they are nocturnal so they are usually only super active at night or when the lights are out. Dont worry. as long as you dont see any visible problems like finrot, fungus, or ich... they're fine. Just keeping you on your toes. :)

fishfanatic33
02-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Yep they do it all the time........just imagine chillin' on the floor on your side.

Bobo the Clown Loach
02-20-2008, 11:56 AM
the bigger they get the more they do it,:hmm3grin2orange:

GEEZ! my 2 are only about 4" each, imagine how lazy they will be when they reach full size. They are my favorite fish. They are so much fun to watch.

angelcakes
02-20-2008, 07:26 PM
they are fun to watch,have you seen youres dancing up the side of the tank yet?:19:

Bobo the Clown Loach
02-20-2008, 09:09 PM
they are fun to watch,have you seen youres dancing up the side of the tank yet?:19:

Yep, one of the ones I have also likes swimming along side of the tank with her belly to the glass so it looks like she's "walking" on the side of the tank.

D.C._United_Caps_Fan
03-04-2008, 05:40 AM
I LOVE these types of threads about Clown Loaches! They amuse me! I had the same reaction the first time I ever saw my first Loaches doing this. Funny, lots of loaches, and bouhitas (spelling?) do this. Sometimes I almost feel like they know im watching and do it just to spite me or try to get some kind of rise out of me! I LOVE the loaches behavior and their personality. They are just so odd at times. I love how you can tell when they are unhappy, or feeling down or under the weather, or angry / threatened because their black stripes really fade out, to almost grey. When they are very happy and healthy, they are a deep jet black. I think it is also neat how the clown loaches will school with Tiger Barbs ( who have the sam colors in the same pattern as the loaches) and the barbs usually dont even notice!

I have also found they love to lay next to and with my small group of cory catfish!

So interesting, at times disappearing for a whole day, and at times just as active as can be! One of my alltime favorite fishes!!!

Aquamarine
03-07-2008, 12:14 PM
One of my clowns is laying on it's side. I can't see anything wrong with it. Everytime I walk over to the tank it swims away.
It seems to be eating and swimming ok. When it swims away.
I was going to do a water change tomorrow. Will I still go ahead and do that?
I have noticed the same with my clown loaches, however not all of them do that. Also I have done a water change in hopes to improve that behaviour but didn't help. He's still doing it.

Ben_Jam_In
03-07-2008, 01:53 PM
yup clowns like to play dead mine do it all the time will just stop and turn over on there side untill i go up to the tank and then they think its feeding time.