PDA

View Full Version : babies help!!!!

dgoulston
02-18-2008, 08:44 PM
ok ok, so i went to P@H and got 5 Silver & 5 black Molly's, and i put them in my tank

and i see a baby in the bag, then 2, then 3... and i was like, wow cool..

so i left it for 5 mins, and looked agian, and saw them swimming, so thought i would make a seperate pot thing floating in the tank and put the 3 in it,,,, and now there are 19,... yep u heard me right 19.

I caught the 3 i saw in the bag, but then more kept appearing,, its now 2 hours since i put them in the tank, and i am still seeing more and more, another 2 just apeared next to the volcano in the main tank while typing this!!!!

so what do i do!!!!>>>>>>>>

OscarFan
02-18-2008, 08:47 PM
If you want to keep them seperate like you were doing. Or you could put alot of plants in the tank and some but not all should survive.

karbomb
02-18-2008, 08:47 PM
you can get a breeding net that hangs in the tank and put the little buggers in there. feed them some hikari first bites.
be prepared for even more babies, platies are prolific breeders
edit: aren't they cute little guys

Tolley
02-18-2008, 08:50 PM
When they grow up will you be able to rehome them?
If so go to your lfs and buy a floating breeder net to keep them in.
If not let them free in the tank and the strongest few will survive.

dgoulston
02-18-2008, 09:03 PM
these fish are the first fish to enter my tank!!!!

http://www.dg83.com/pics/fish/babies_sm.jpg

dgoulston
02-18-2008, 09:05 PM
When they grow up will you be able to rehome them?
If so go to your lfs and buy a floating breeder net to keep them in.
If not let them free in the tank and the strongest few will survive.

i have a 90L tank, so 20 fish would be fine, but i can see a few of the weak silver ones are losing it allready.... but the blackones are really giving it large lol..

OscarFan
02-18-2008, 09:09 PM
If you keep them all in the tank you will get 20 fish in no time. And only the hardy ones will survive.

Tolley
02-18-2008, 09:11 PM
your 90l will not be able to hold your 10 adult mollies then 20 more when they grow up also if you keep them in their current floating pot the water cant flow through so they wont live that long without sufficient water changes very often