PDA

View Full Version : Questions about an angelfish

Adrian
02-18-2008, 07:35 PM
Hello all, I have an angelfish that is acting strange. He/she goes up for food, I can tell that he is hungry, so I feed him. I have 3 others in the tank, and they all eat fine. This other one, however, takes the food, then spits it out. He has been doing this for 3 days now. I have tried several types of food, to see if he was just a picky eater. My other angels are just fine with the food that I present them. Just this one is not taking it. Any ideas?

mitcore
02-19-2008, 10:50 PM
just feed it what you have got, dont make any changes to the flake, it will learn to eat what it is given, like all fish angels can be picky, but they can be taught to eat what you feed, i ould not be overly concerned at this piont at night your angel is probably going down the bottom for food left over, so it will still be eating
i would also advise that you only feed them once a day they dont need any more then that and it will keep the nitrates down in your tank

good luck and dont worry that angel is playing you and making you think it is not eating when it most likely is at night when the light is off

Adrian
02-19-2008, 11:19 PM
thanks for the info. I found that it was feeding on some algae waffers that I placed in the tank. Guess it had a taste for veggies. I will still keep an eye on him. He is the biggest in the tank, and I don't want to lose him. I only feed once a day.

Once again,

Thanks

mitcore
02-20-2008, 02:36 AM
no worries, being the bigger one doesnt mean it will need more food, once a day is enough for the angels,
he will feed of the plants also
so dont worry death by not eating is not going to happen they will always eat

i breed and raise angels and have had this happen to me as well

please trust me when i say it will be fine, i have not ever lost an angel to not eating i promise
i have posted pics of my fry go check it out for conformation on who i am
it is in this section titled "latest pics of my fry"