PDA

View Full Version : What are Angel Rams?

kitten3326
02-17-2008, 11:18 PM
I have recently seen these and was wondering where they come from, I was doing some research on the net and came across these however there is not much information on them. Anybody have any ideas?

jbeining75
02-17-2008, 11:39 PM
Are you looking at thedwarf blue veil angel rams, also called German Blue Rams....... If so they are dwarf south american cichlids that are from Venezeul and Columbia..... They are good to keep in community tanks but are not very hardly and can lose color very quickly if not properly taken care of.. They are beautiful fish and get up to around 3 inches... They are best kept in like groups and not mixed with other smaller dwarf cichlids or apistos to limit aggression.... Hope this helps out...

kitten3326
02-17-2008, 11:53 PM
I don't think so, these are more rounded the the german blue rams, almost like a ballon form of the german rams

shockshockshad
02-18-2008, 01:45 AM
Long-finned rams, also called angel rams. Just a breed of rams

kitten3326
02-18-2008, 01:51 AM
thanks guys.

squirt_12
02-18-2008, 03:23 AM
hmmm....this is very interesting. I have never heard of these before. lol.

kitten3326
02-18-2008, 05:11 PM
I saw these the last time I was in Halifax, however they look almost identical to the german blue rams, but the bodies are much more round but the coloring is exactly the same. It is true that they have long flowing fins, which resembles the angel fish, however it is very difficult to find information online. They were being sold under the name angel rams and they were very pretty, but I left them there since I was sure exactly what the requirements were or even what speices of ram they were.

Thanks to fishalicious I have found the answer I was looking for, thanks fishalicious

"Angel Rams are Hybrid Rams - also known as Balloon Rams - they are selectively bred from Rams that have spina bifida which shorten the curvature in the back like with humans and gives them the small fat balloon look."