PDA

View Full Version : I Have A Question About One Barb!

andyrocken
02-17-2008, 09:45 PM
I have a tiger barb that apears to be pregnant. It will always stay near the top of the aquarium where the water is sucked up for airation. I do not know if this is normal for pregnant tiger barbs or not. I have only had them for a few days, but I do not think it is because of domination because none of them seem to be in domintation. There are three of them and they, also, do not seem to be agressive. I think this is good, but is it normal/ok? THANKS!

jbeining75
02-17-2008, 09:49 PM
First Welcome to AC!!!!!! I would school those tiger barbs a little heavier.... What type of filtration do you have on your tank? What size tank is it? What are the nitrite, nitrate, and ammonia readings? Do they have bushy plants to lay the eggs on???

andyrocken
02-17-2008, 09:58 PM
ok... the tank is about 35 gallons with good levels of nitrate and nitrite, but the nitrate is a tad low (not much.) It is about 76 degrees and is being raised slowely. No bushy plants, and it has high level filtration threw a waterfall and a base pump that is old and used at night to collect the "dropings" and what not. THANKS FOR THE REPLY AND WELCOME!

jbeining75
02-17-2008, 10:06 PM
Throw some bushy leaved plants in the tank. She is probably looking for somewhere safe to put the eggs at...... Try two or three bushy plants of any type... Real or silk depending if you have planted or not....

andyrocken
02-17-2008, 10:56 PM
how long can she go without a bushy plant