PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own Sajica/T-bar,Blue acara,Festivum,Rainbow cichlid?

Goshawk
02-17-2008, 07:15 PM
So Anyone own Sajica/T-bar,Blue acara,Festivum,Rainbow cichlid? If you do please state what which on it is,size of tank,substrate,tankmates, and attitude. I'm seriously concidering one of these cichlids for my tank.

toddnbecka
02-18-2008, 07:05 AM
I have 6 HRP's in a 38, and I've been considering removing all but an established pair and adding some T-bars to see how they mix. Considering that the HRP's have spawned 3 times (no juvies, they eat the wigglers) with no conflict between them, I'd say they're in the same mild-mannered range as the other species you listed. Cichlids in general are most aggressive toward their own species when spawning, somewhat less toward other fish in general. I wouldn't be afraid to mix other (community) fish with these provided they weren't small enough to eat.

plow
02-18-2008, 10:09 AM
I dont own any, but I had my eye on some sajicas a while back, they looked so cool. Darn cute little guys they were.

They kept staring at me when I went to the shop, made me feel guilty when I walked away.

Man they were beautiful.

I will DEFINITELY own a pair one day in my life, it is on my list of things to do in life before I lie down.

Lady Hobbs
02-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Nanglen2001 has the Sajic's and they are nice. Post her directly if she doesn't see this thread.

fishista
06-16-2008, 12:01 PM
this guy's friend (http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f123/rainbow-fish-66488.html) owns a rainbow cichlid, says that it doesn't turn colors if there aren't any other fish in the tank.. interesting. i'll ask him for his specs

Lady Hobbs
06-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Todd, what are HRP's.

Incredulous_Ed
06-16-2008, 04:01 PM
Todd, what are HRP's.
Honduran Red Points. Like convicts but less aggressive and more colorful.