PDA

View Full Version : cons...

Hailey
02-17-2008, 06:54 AM
I must say, some people think that convicts are kind of boring and that thier a pest. But they really are amazing! They are such caring parents, its amazing to watch. And I like that they ar purple and black! LOL, Thier nesting habits are also so interesting. There are many pros and cons.
Right now I wish you guys could see my female. Her colours have been CRAZY amazing for the last 4 days. I think she has the most colour out of any other female con out there!
(Sorry but I just had to rant!!!)

cocoa_pleco
02-17-2008, 07:00 AM
convicts are awesome, i love my white convict, i never will forget the day she laid eggs and fought my oscar, who was at the time 5", to protect the eggs

crackatinny
02-17-2008, 07:10 AM
No, convicts are great, and they are great parents, its just there continuous breeding behaviour that turns people off.

Arkie
02-17-2008, 07:36 AM
im in agreement that convicts are great. i love mine to bits :1luvu:

country_boy454
02-17-2008, 09:09 AM
I didn't think twice about cons until I saw the pair I now have. I thought they were all the black and white ones. I was wrong. I have a pair of pink cons and as soon as my 42 gallon cycles I am getting another female that will be either white or red.

Hailey
02-17-2008, 11:00 PM
speaking of them mine just layed eggs this morning!

tropfish
02-17-2008, 11:11 PM
i love my convict. He has so much personality and is the king of the tank really, even the green terror is scared of him. But he's not aggressive most of the time.

toddnbecka
02-18-2008, 06:54 AM
Cons are alright, but I prefer the closely related species like Honduran Red Points. Less aggressive, smaller numbers of eggs, and a bit more colorful. Also easier to get rid of fry/juvies (unless you have a predatory fish handy)...