PDA

View Full Version : what dither fish

millas
02-15-2008, 11:19 PM
im wanting a dither fish to put in with our fronts just to help calm thm .any sugestions would help.the only trouble is in new zealand we dont hav as much that many to choose from

jbeining75
02-15-2008, 11:21 PM
giant danios work.......

sailor
02-15-2008, 11:27 PM
I have a school of 6 clown loaches in with my Kitumba Frontosa. They get along great. They will be comming out tho when the frontosa start to breed.
How long have you had them. Mine kind of went in stages, always out and about when they were fry. Then from about the 1 to 3 inch stage they seemed more shy. Now they are out almost all of the time. What type do you have as some seem to be more outgoing than others. I did have yellow Neolamprologus leleupi in with them for almost a year and that worked out too until my biggest front hit five inches and he took a dislike to them.
You just don't want to put in anything that will nip the fins of your fronts.

millas
02-16-2008, 12:04 AM
hi sailor .there 6 bar fronts .the guy we got them off wont get back to us on what type they are .when i get some batterys for the camera il post some pics .where still cycling the new 600ltr tank to start the coloney and finding more fronts for them ,but very hard not knowing what type the are .when we got them two weeks ago they wernt in the gratest condition tails and fins shreaded but healing up nicely now ther both about 8cms eating fine but very shy.your tanks are amazing i would love ours to look like yours and our fish to look as healthy as yours .theyl come out of ther cave for me and my partner but anyone else there gone and i laugh when pple ask why we have an empty tank

sailor
02-16-2008, 12:25 AM
Thank you for your compliment. Here is a link on the different types of fronts

http://www.cyphos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11854

The cyphos website is probably the best site that specializes in frontosa.
I strongly suggest you join that forum as well as the information there is a valuable asset when starting out with fronts. I am Sailor there as well.
http://www.cyphos.com/forums/index.php?