PDA

View Full Version : What to use when attaching plants (anubias etc)

Duzzy
02-15-2008, 02:07 AM
Hi there,

was thinking what I could use to attatch plants to driftwood and rocks etc. and was wondering what the best method will be, I was thinking elastic bands the reason for this is plants won't be added until the tank is full and wanted it to be easy and not be too fiddly was thinking if I use elastic bands I could simply cut them off once the plants are attached by using a razor blade attached to a dowel because I thought I could use put the bands on now in preparation....

Also after some really fast growing plants for initial planting to avoid algae issues

Regards Darren

P.S. any other ideas or medium you use too would love to hear it.

jbeining75
02-15-2008, 02:15 AM
Dave posted on this before... He said he uses like black cotton thread..... He said it will dissolve and by the time it is done the plant will be attached....

Lady Hobbs
02-15-2008, 02:22 AM
I use fish line or staple it to the wood.

crackatinny
02-15-2008, 07:01 AM
I use small cable ties

gm72
02-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Dave had a great idea I read recently about using black cotton thread. The thread eventually dissolves away once the plant is attached.

sailor
02-15-2008, 01:14 PM
I like Daves idea, I think I will use that when I attempt more live plants in my 55 gal tank. The three plants I have on there I used fishing line.

Incredulous_Ed
02-15-2008, 07:56 PM
I use black cotton thread as well. It disinegtrates over time, once the roots are attched. Plus it is not very visible.