PDA

View Full Version : Taking better photos?

Radio KJ
02-14-2008, 09:45 PM
Call me crazy, but I'd swear I saw a thread on here about taking better photos. I just got a new camera but after playing with every setting I still needed about 12 pictures to get one good (clear) one. For the life of me I can't find that thread any more, if it did exist. Could someone point me in the right direction?

jbeining75
02-14-2008, 09:49 PM
put up your iso as much as you can 400 good 800 is better....... turn your environmental filter down to adjust for lightness or darkness..... lower your megapixels.....trying to take an 8.0 megapixel picture of something that is so close and projected through water at close distance is very hard.. try 1 megapixel..... Increase your sharpness and contrast a light refracts off water...... use a tripod to steady the picture to prevent soft edges of blur......take a bunch you'll get better...... good luck......

Radio KJ
02-14-2008, 10:15 PM
Looking a little better already. Thanks.

fishfanatic33
02-18-2008, 11:35 PM
I'll try that too. Right now I take them with a 7 meg.

Treerat
02-18-2008, 11:47 PM
There is nothing hi-tech with the way I take pics of my tanks. It's a Kodak Z740 5.1mp. The only thing I added was a UV filter. I don't really need it indoors but it looks cool on there and a it makes me feel like i'm a real photographer with some the bells and whistles. It's got a 2 and 10 second timer and they are what I'll use on a lazy fish, or snail, or my fat frog. The 10 second time is for the shy fish. when they dont see movement, the come out just as the pic is taken. I set the camera to natural color most of the time but if its dark i'll set it to high color. The tripod is a must-have. Otherwise, my pics would be more blurry and out of focus than normal.

muffin
02-19-2008, 12:15 AM
I don't know if there was a thread, but you could always see if the photography articles are helpful

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/photography/techniques.php

fishfanatic33
02-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Sweet I'll try that. Right now I use a Canon 7.1 meg on digital macro