PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

FishFarmer
07-06-2005, 02:51 AM
Hello everyone. First timer, here.

I recently started working for a fishfarm near my home in Gibsonton, FL. My work is related to the management of the company's computer systems and it has nothing to do with the wide variety of fish, reptiles, and plants on site.

I'm hoping to increase my awareness and knowledge somewhat since I'll be working in the industry. I recently took home a small 10 gallon aquarium from work. It's small, but it has allowed me to experiment with taking care of fish.

I started off with 10 guppies, 4 red wag platties, and 1 small coba. They all coexisted pretty peacefully for the most part. I made a mistake moving the aquarium to the (very warm) garage in an effort to discipline my daughter for harrassing the fish (she's only 3 and can't help herself).

Well, I don't think the fish liked the change in temperature very much because 3 of the platties died when I brought the tank back into the house.

Just a couple days ago I introduced two medium-sized goldfish to the aquarium. I fear they are too big for the space so I've removed all the aquarium accessories to give them more room. The other fish have all disappeared......hmmm?

I look forward to purchasing a much larger aquarium. Hopefully, there will be more success around the corner.

Thanks for taking the time to read my rambling rant.

William
07-07-2005, 06:47 AM
Welcome.

I hope to se you around the forums.