PDA

View Full Version : Im thinking about starting..........

Blue Ram
02-14-2008, 12:58 AM
I have been thinking about turning my 10 gallon into a planted aquarium since i have no fish in it and i have to clean the chlorine out of it so here is the question. Is there any plants that look really nice and are easy to care for? and What maintenance must be done to keep the plant{s} alive and healthy?

Patriot

gm72
02-14-2008, 01:03 AM
There are many, many low-maintenance plants. Cryptocorynes are in particular easy to care for as their light requirements are low and they don't require high fertilization.

Incredulous_Ed
02-14-2008, 01:46 AM
Just set u[p a tank with a small garde substrate and moderatelly bright light and see how well the plants do.
www.plantgeek.net has lists of low light and low maintenece plants

Tigerbarb
02-14-2008, 02:12 AM
A hint I have is to have your substrate go up as it reaches the back of the tank like a mountain edge, or stage row seating. Plants are very easy to care for. Just get descent lightning, alot of substrate, and make sure you don't stock it with too many plants or they might compete for light.

Drumachine09
02-14-2008, 02:46 AM
Anacharis do fairly well in medium-low lighting, provided you are using at least DIY CO2, and ferts.

Here is a tip for a planted tank:

Don't try to start one on a budget, you will end up exceeding it anyway. That way, you won't feel bad when you do :wink2: