PDA

View Full Version : would they be big enough???

squirt_12
02-13-2008, 11:29 PM
would be swordtail fry be big enough to put another fish in the tank???
the fry are about....1/4-1" big. i am thinking of getting 1-2 female bettas for the 10g as i went to take another tackle at breeding them.
So what do you think???
should i let them grow up some more....or alot more????

jbeining75
02-13-2008, 11:31 PM
I'd let them grow and wouldn't put them anywhere near the bettas......

Adrian
02-13-2008, 11:41 PM
I wouldn't recommend putting them together, unless you don't want anymore babies. They would be considered food for the bettas. When they grow up, they will nip the fins of the bettas, and that would render them helpless. So not a good idea there either.

Sincerely,

Adrian:c7:

squirt_12
02-13-2008, 11:43 PM
ok i didn't really think that they were big enough yet.....man..

Adrianpaul32...i plan on giving away all of they fry when they are big enough. I don't want them. lol.

YOU WIN....PM ME FOR SOME POINTS

How big do you recommend they be before i add any other kind of fish????

Adrian
02-14-2008, 04:04 AM
I would at least wait until they are about 3/4 of an inch before adding other fish. I am not sure what you want to add, but at 3/4 of an inch, they can either swim away, or hold their own. Hope that helps.

karbomb
02-14-2008, 04:41 AM
i have a celestial pearl danio who is maybe a 1/2" from head to tail, probably a little smaller, in my 10g with my male betta and he doesn't seem to notice the little guy at all.
but i would say my betta is in the minority (hes just happy he is in a big tank)
the only other animals in my aquarium that my betta notices are the blue algae eating shrimp. he chases them around sometimes.

squirt_12
02-16-2008, 01:49 PM
ok...yeah i didn't really think that they were big enough but i wanted to see what ya'll thought. So i will wait until they are about an 1" big before getting some other fish.

I want to get 1-2 female bettas and then in my other tank (that my betta was in) i am going to get a male betta and go at breeding again.