PDA

View Full Version : where could it be!!! ahhhhh help asap im confused

shalafi04
02-13-2008, 06:19 PM
one of my clown loaches has completely dissappeared! Explain this to me please! Do they eat their own kind or something. ive moved eveerything in the tank and still, im down one loach. whats going on???\

edited: thank God Nevermind. After 35mins of looking, he finally showed up! I thought they were cannibals hahaha

sailor
02-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Good that you found him, they are famous for hiding in the strangest places.

Sailor

jbeining75
02-13-2008, 06:56 PM
My glass catfish in my tetra tank when I had it up always used to hide in the top of the log where you couldn't see him to save your life.... Glad ya found him though.....

AABatteries
02-13-2008, 10:13 PM
I cant find my coolie loach unless I put food out. Then he comes out.

shalafi04
02-13-2008, 10:14 PM
well i was just worried because they are recovering from ich. i thought maybe he died somewhere

karbomb
02-13-2008, 10:15 PM
my friend had a loach that would hide in her filter... i don't know how he got there, but he seemed to think it was his own personal condo.

Lady Hobbs
02-13-2008, 10:27 PM
He most likely has crawled into some decoration. They do that and get stuck so you have to be careful with what goes in their tank.

Adrian
02-13-2008, 10:57 PM
I have noticed that loaches love each others company. The more the merrier so they say. Unfortunately, I have a black kuhli that is hidden most of the time. I was told, that to see him more, to get another one. I will most likely do that, as I like the little guy. But trying to find them in the LFS is another matter. Just be careful if you ever have to treat the tank with meds. They don't take to medication too well, so you will have to watch it.

Sincerely,

Adrian:c7:

Blue Ram
02-15-2008, 12:49 AM
Loaches in general like to hide in many places. getting into the smallest crack they can fit into. My yoyo's use to go into the pump. Back when i had them a couple days ago that is.