PDA

View Full Version : Bristlenose

Warsong
02-11-2008, 09:57 AM
hey guys i was just wondering if theres something wrong with my bristlenose hes doin these really long uhh "poo's" and i was just wondering if thats normal or do i need to feed him something, he doesnt seem to be sick or anything he eats and hes active.

ive currently got him in my community tank so i guess he eats the tropical food i feed my other fish but i also put these sinking wafer things i brought from the store once, tho ive only seen him actually eating it once. i think he eats it at night because its never there in the morning.

Harls
02-11-2008, 10:37 AM
its normal there poopin' machines mine has ones about 3-5 inch long!!! :P

Warsong
02-11-2008, 11:10 AM
yeh thats good to hear sometimes mine get to the 5inch mark too and they hang off the plants and everything and kinda looks a bit eww but after a few hours they just dissapear

jbeining75
02-11-2008, 01:15 PM
They are poopy machines. nothing is wrong usless the poop is just hanging from underneath for long periods of time, then he's constipated.... I doubt that though with an algae eater as they eat organics up...

Tooch
02-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Well.. The pooh doesn't just "dissappear". It probably falls down to the gravel. Be sure your are gravel vac'ing as that pooh will turn to ammonia. Pleco's are poop machines, but if he's pooping, then that means he's eating. They are nocturnal, so if you're throwing the wafers in just for him, it's typically best to do it about an hour after you shut your tank lights off.

Warsong
02-11-2008, 02:06 PM
yeh well i normally feed my fish about half an hour to an hour before i turn the light off, and about half an hour to an hour after i turn it on in the morning, but i only put 1 wafer per day.