PDA

View Full Version : Kiku's must of approved

sailor
02-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Yip yip yip yip yahoo yahoo yahoo!!!!!!! Well my Kiku's must have approved of the move into the bigger tank as I just witnessed the alpha male and 1 of his harem do the dirty. Hopefully she will hold long enough to get some fry. I am going to keep the tank in the dark for a few days to minimize any stress and maybe that will help as Tropheus are pretty skittish. Pics to follow in a couple of days.

jbeining75
02-10-2008, 09:32 PM
nice.... pics of the fry when you get them............... congrats sailor.....

sailor
02-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Hopefully she holds. This being her first time, she might not. Sometimes the mouthbrooders require a couple of attempts to get the hang of it. I won't feed the tank for 3 days, as that sometimes helps.

jbeining75
02-10-2008, 09:39 PM
yeah hopefully it will work..... are there fry yet or they just did the dirty and the eggs have been fertilized.....

Lady Hobbs
02-10-2008, 09:39 PM
LOLOL Too cute. Free fish are on the way.

sailor
02-10-2008, 09:46 PM
She is holding the eggs in her mouth. She will tumble the eggs and then developing fry them for up to a month. She will not eat during this entire process.

I was just trying to locate the breeder from where I got these last April, as I wanted to expand this colony now that they were in a bigger tank. I talked to him on fri and he said that he had sold his Kiku colony to someone in the US. It looks like they are going to expand it for me.