PDA

View Full Version : Narrow leaf chain sword >> Micro Sword grass

PUNISHER VETTE
02-10-2008, 05:55 PM
I've had the micro swords grass in my tank from the beginning for almost 4 or 5 months now and all it does is sit there.

I planted some narrow leaf chain swords and within a week already have a few runners.

Now i just have to figure out if i should rearrange the tank to let the chain sword take of or let it grow around the micro sword.

I'll get picks up shortly.

PUNISHER VETTE
02-10-2008, 06:16 PM
I knew the micro-sword was a slow grower but it's just too slow. Maybe i don't have enough watts for it to really get going.

Here is the progress of the chain sword after about 1.5 weeks. The one in the back is just all tangled up but it'll figure itself out eventually.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e289/tparkhi2/Fish%20stuff/IMG_0492.jpg

Well should i take the micro sword out or move it off to the sides?
Here is an overview. Don't mind the scratches on the glass or the algae growing near the bottom......haven't figured out either problem yet.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e289/tparkhi2/Fish%20stuff/IMG_0495.jpg

smaug
02-10-2008, 06:24 PM
I just got some yesterday,I have had it before but it was when my tank was new,it only did so so.Im hoping for better results this time around as I use a much better line of ferts and I have better light [230watts]vs the 100w prior.I do know that the stuff is a bear to keep planted.How much light do you have?

Lady Hobbs
02-10-2008, 06:41 PM
If it doesn't do well this time, get some pygmy vals. They do very well in lower lights.

PUNISHER VETTE
02-10-2008, 06:58 PM
I have just over 2wpg so thats at the low end for live plants. Which is why i think the micro sword hasn't done the greatest.

So?....what to do with the micro swords? leave be, move off to the side, get ride of?

Lady Hobbs
02-10-2008, 07:15 PM
I just pulled mine out too. I haven't enough light and it requires higher lights so I gave up on mine. It will grow eventually I suppose but will take much longer.

This is 2 month old (or maybe less) pygmy in sand at 2 watts. And I just thinned some out and moved it elsewhere.

Your grass looks fine. I'd leave it.