PDA

View Full Version : well it happend

Pr0eve
02-09-2008, 08:36 PM
First off, I really did not have a choice, I had to put him some were. Barb my only tiger barb I had left from this whole learning the hobby over again, was put into the Convict tank because he was being very mean to all the other fish in the 29G. He lived in the convict tank for a few months, and have been doing really well in there. He was full grown and very fast, but last night it seems he was to slow and became dinner for the others. He was a very nice, bright colored male tiger barb.

this is sad, but he was an ass to the others..

jbeining75
02-09-2008, 08:37 PM
sorry for the loss although your convicts probably appreciated it...............

Adrian
02-14-2008, 08:56 PM
One thing I learned about barbs, is they need to be in a pack. Like 6 or more, as they are aggressive fish, they will take their aggression out on each other, rather than harass another fish. I have kept tiger barbs with long finned guppies, and they never once nipped a fin or chased them. Too content to fight amoungst themselves. Just a thought.

shalafi04
02-14-2008, 08:57 PM
that sucks. maybe in his 2nd life he wont be such a bully. looks like your oscars wont be needing their breakfast feeding though.

Blue Ram
02-15-2008, 12:51 AM
Sorry about the loss. You should usually figure that a predacious cichlid will make use of small tasty fish. To bad there was no where else to keep him.