PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best diet I can feed my...

Demi ^_^
02-09-2008, 07:24 AM
Angels!

I have 6 healthy baby Angels, only about 1" in size. Whats the best possible diet I can feed them to give them the best possible chance of growing big and strong?

jbeining75
02-09-2008, 07:30 AM
use brine shrimp and Hikari makes micro pellets if they can eat them. Hikari makes awesome food. I'm not sure if nls has anything 1mm, I'm sure they do. Let me look around......

Demi ^_^
02-09-2008, 07:51 AM
use brine shrimp and Hikari makes micro pellets if they can eat them. Hikari makes awesome food. I'm not sure if nls has anything 1mm, I'm sure they do. Let me look around......
Brine Shrimp.... are they sold at the fish store? If they are, I'll look around tomorrow for some aswel as some other food and lots of plants. Is their anything else, that'll make them grow quickly and healthily? What about Frozen Blood Worms? ATM they are just being fed crushed up goldfish food :/ They'll have a feast day tomorrow, lol.

NickFish
02-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Ya brine shrimp should be availible in many forms at all fish stores.

Blood worms can be fed occasionally but are high in fat and lower in nutrients than shrimp.

NLS makes a small fish pellet, only 0.5mm, and they also make a surface feeder pellet, 0.8mm that sinks but slowly so the angels can have a chance to grab it.

Gawd_oOo
02-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Brine Shrimp.... are they sold at the fish store? If they are, I'll look around tomorrow for some aswel as some other food and lots of plants. Is their anything else, that'll make them grow quickly and healthily? What about Frozen Blood Worms? ATM they are just being fed crushed up goldfish food :/ They'll have a feast day tomorrow, lol.

They love frozen blood worms. Tho that should be a staple diet. NLS makes a 1mm Cichlid formula that would be good.

I have had good results with these as well. I haven't used the following with angels, but all my current fish love them.

http://www.brineshrimpdirect.com/c1/c4/Tropical-Flake-Medley-c51.html
http://www.brineshrimpdirect.com/c1/c11/GP-800-1000-Micron-Juvenile-Diet-c26.html
I use a smaller size of the GP but larger bits will suit your fish better.

I haven't tried them yet, but you might want to check out the 2 types of pellet foods they have on that site as well.

sailor
02-09-2008, 12:44 PM
The NLS growth formula would be a good start as well.

Fishguy2727
02-09-2008, 02:01 PM
NLS would be the best, and the only thing you need. The 1mm should be fine. That is what we feed the little nickel and quarter size angels at work and they love it. It sinks so they should be on sand, bare bottom, or use a feeding bowl.

smaug
02-09-2008, 02:35 PM
ditto^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
thats what I fed mine.

Demi ^_^
02-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Excuse my ignornorance, but whats NLS? - er, is it in Australia? So far this is on my list for todays trip to the LFS! (My dad being interested in my fish is a huge benefit for going to the petstore!)

- Frozen Blood Worms
- Brine Shrimp
- Flakes
- NLS 1mm Cichlid formula
- Plants

Is that a good diet for my babies?

jbeining75
02-09-2008, 09:36 PM
nls is new life spectrum. It is the best food on the market right now as it provides a well balanced nutritional intake. I would still supplement themother foods though like tubifex worms or brine shrimp......

Fishalicious
02-09-2008, 09:42 PM
I really don't see how baby angelfish can eat a frozen bloodworm...??? Even Neons have problems eating them..they are so large!!

I feed baby fish freshly hatched baby brine shrimp, frozen cyclops & frozen bosmiden with little top ups of Hikari baby food.

jbeining75
02-09-2008, 09:50 PM
try to break it up I guess..... I would go Hikari micro pellets and brineshrimp personally...........