PDA

View Full Version : How many guppies in a 6g?

MelonMan
02-09-2008, 05:20 AM
i want to breed them so i was thinking 3 females 1male telll me if im wrong

jbeining75
02-09-2008, 06:03 AM
thats tight try 1 male and 2 females.... you could probably get a pair outta 1 and 1...........

cocoa_pleco
02-09-2008, 06:17 AM
yep, one male and 3 females sounds good

Gawd_oOo
02-09-2008, 07:40 AM
I would say it depends on what you are going to do with the fry. 3 females will equal a lot of fry. My best females drop 50+ fry every 30ish days. Most lfs won't take them until they are 3+ months old, so you are looking at having 3-4 drops before the first drop is ready to sell.

MelonMan
02-09-2008, 09:03 AM
i have a 20 gallon where some could go and a 2.5 for the smaller ones, i currently have 2 filters a ugf and an internal box filter should i keep both or just run the box filter. the box filter doesnt let much air out but the ugf does. wat should i do and do guppies need any light to help their colour and would shrimp be a good cleanup crew??

Gawd_oOo
02-09-2008, 09:32 AM
i have a 20 gallon where some could go and a 2.5 for the smaller ones, i currently have 2 filters a ugf and an internal box filter should i keep both or just run the box filter. the box filter doesnt let much air out but the ugf does. wat should i do and do guppies need any light to help their colour and would shrimp be a good cleanup crew??

I'd keep both filters, if the box isn't letting out much are you could try pushing more air to it then the ugf. I am assuming they are running on the same pump. You could buy a 2 way control valve and adjust it to get even air flow. A cheap DIY is to make a kink in the hose to the UGF, make o loop in the air line, using a rubber band place right where the line crosses. Adjust the size of the loop to change the air flow it lets through.

I think light and good quality food are both equally as important for good coloring.

Shrimp or even a group of 3 cories would make a good clean up crew. I'd go with some of the smaller cories, pandas, possibly peppered.

MelonMan
02-09-2008, 09:44 AM
no there running on different pumps and i think ill go with the shrimp because they have a smaller bioload. thanks. yeah i know ugf's are hopeless but its still better to have two filters than one hey