PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from San Diego!

turbomkt
09-23-2006, 06:00 AM
OK, so I was pointed this way by someone on another forum. We'll see what it's like around here!

In the mean time, here's an Aquatic Plant Central thread (http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/general-aquarium-plants-discussions/30060-turbomkts-tanks-56k.html) on the forum I have frequented most that shows some of my tanks.

And, so people understand how it all started out and evolved, my corner tank is here (http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/journal.php?do=showjournal&j=41).

I'm also involved with starting up a new club in Southern California dedicated to furthering the planted aquarium community. The club is called Southern California Aquatic Plant Enthusiasts (http://www.socalaquascapers.com). Please bear with the site, as it is under construction. And if anyone from SoCal is interested in joining, we've got a private member's forum for planning, etc.

Thanks for taking the time!

--Mike

NorthernBoy
09-23-2006, 07:11 AM
welcome. I moved out of San Diego a while ago so I guess I can not be a member. But welcome here. I think youll like it.

turbomkt
09-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Thanks. We've got a couple honorary members who joined the club early then moved out later...Arizona and Kentucky. Not sure why they left! ;)

Lady Hobbs
09-23-2006, 02:40 PM
Mike! You are so welcome here. In the "other" thread, we were lucky to ever get an answer to anything.

Navigation is different and I'm still trying to figure it all out. I just learned from the old site last week and viola! .......here comes another brand new one. LOL

I am going to check out all your sites now. Nice to have you here.

OK........I'm back again after checking out your tanks. They are lovely and the vegetation is superb. I do have a suggestion tho. You need to enter your pictures in the photo contest section here. This site also has a blog you can use for your own. How KOOL is that. You may want to put them there as well. And tell others you story you told me about your diving helmet. Too good not to share my friend.

turbomkt
09-23-2006, 03:28 PM
hobbs,
you'll find that these php based forums are pretty easy to navigate when you get familiar with it. The thing I've done to make it easiest is using the Firefox browser. I select "New Posts" and then open each thread I'm interested in as its own tab. That way I don't have to go back and forth like that other forum.

Anywa...

Lady Hobbs
09-23-2006, 03:44 PM
There is also a New Post feature here at the top of the page but I'm also finding if I click on subscribe to each thread I have responded to, I can check to see if anyone has posted back.

I may have to give the other a whirl to see if it works better for me. Thanks.

Tornado
09-23-2006, 03:58 PM
Awesome, another Plant fanatic. If I was in So cal id join the club in a heartbeat, Im way over in Florida though :/ I enjoy the plants in my tank more than the fish a lot of times!

Severus
09-23-2006, 05:28 PM
Welcome to AC. Glad to see a new member

turbomkt
09-24-2006, 01:35 AM
Awesome, another Plant fanatic. If I was in So cal id join the club in a heartbeat, Im way over in Florida though :/ I enjoy the plants in my tank more than the fish a lot of times!

Well...I know of some clubs in Florida, too. I hope you're already in one of them ;)

Thanks, 100gw.

Hobbs,
Something else that's useful in threads you post in (or subscribe to) is the UserCP. It will list all threads you are subscribed to that have new posts.

turbomkt
09-24-2006, 05:39 AM
OK, hobbs...crossposted from that other forum:

That helmet is one of my proudest achievements outside of parenthood. I had the chance to compete against about 300 other individuals for one of 25 seats at SCUBA School at the Navy's Dive School. That school was a learning experience on so many different levels.