PDA

View Full Version : fin nipper

1MileCrash
02-07-2008, 06:11 AM
i believe i have 2 males and 1 female. one male is very large the female is smaller and the other male is smaller. the smaller male is a green tiger barb. the other two are regular tiger barbs.

i state all of this because i don't know how much it matters.

the two traditional tiger barbs have torn up fins...really really torn up...bad. so i looked at the green barb and his are fine. so he must be the aggressive little turd in the tank. so i moved him to my now empty 10 gallon (thank you dead lobster!)

question being...with the two barbs that have the torn up fins...will their fins grow back? it's not the spines in the fins...those look fine for the most part...but the membrane that is really destroyed. does that grow back?

jbeining75
02-07-2008, 06:13 AM
should be okay if it's just them treat the fins with melafix.... It will help the fins grow back faster and healthier.,......

1MileCrash
02-07-2008, 06:31 AM
kool...thanks...i'll have to get to the store and find some.

Arkie
02-07-2008, 07:35 AM
yeah should be fine. i saved a beaten up convict about 4 months ago, his fins were so bad you coukd see his spines and all. i treated with melafix and he is going great.
lol you have an empty tank thanx to a dead lobster.... i had my crayfish die 2 weeks ago, which was sad but very convinent as i had to move my betta cause he was getting picked on.thumbs2:

Blue Ram
02-07-2008, 05:53 PM
they should grow back and be fine. Melafix will speed up the healing!