PDA

View Full Version : Why Cichlids & Shrimp don't mix...

Fishalicious
02-06-2008, 07:59 PM
This story is about a ickle little angelfish no bigger than 2 inches in the body...this ickle little angelfish was being very very naughty to fellow angels so I decided to put it on the 'naughty step' for a few days which is an extra 20 Gallon I have... in the tank are only some ADULT Cherry Shrimp (2 inches) at the moment....around 20...

This is ickle Angel before:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/Cutsie1/IMG_9683.jpg

This is ickle Angel after:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/Cutsie1/IMG_9501.jpg

:help:

That is going to be one little sick Angel tonight!! Not a shrimp to be found anymore and that was only after 10 minutes! No need to add that the 'naughty step' this week also involves no feeding!!

So lesson learned even tiny little baby cichlids with little mouths can fit anything in their mouth and do not know when to stop!!!!

Tolley
02-06-2008, 08:03 PM
LOL!!!! now thats a fat angelfish!!! thumbs2: thumbs2: probably needn't be fed for a month!!

fins_n_fur
02-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Now I completely understand the advice against amano's with angels. What a pig this fish was LOL. Gee, the naughty step--I'd hate to be put on that!

Lady Hobbs
02-06-2008, 08:51 PM
LOLOL Look at that fat belly of his!!

Pr0eve
02-06-2008, 10:13 PM
he looks healthy and shinny now. sorry about your Cherry's. I only have about 8 left out of my 35 + that Algenco sent me.

rule of thumb DO NOT JUST DROP CHERRYS INTO A TANK. place them down on the bottom of the floor of the tank...

Fishalicious
02-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Yeah little fat piggy LOL Had to laugh so hard when I saw him... actually couldn't stop laughing... he looked like a puffer with long fins .. in real life it was so much more drastic to look at than in the pic hehehehe I should have taken a front shot

I am not too worried about the cherry's have about another 300 in another tank... I actually do feed them regularly to some of my fish <don't everyone shout at me> I don't know what else to do with them.. they breed like mad...

I just never thought a little angel would be able to eat adult cherry's yet yet tsk tsk

Adrian
02-17-2008, 07:43 PM
OMG! That was too funny! I am sorry to hear of your loss with the cherry shrimp. I never knew they could get that fat. I will definately watch how much I feed my angels. I do not want mine to turn into piggies, and have to join weight watchers or something. Nice pics, I need to figure out how to do that. I would love to take pictures of George, Gracie, Bonnie, and Clyde. But will figure that out on another day.

jbeining75
02-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Jess that is absolutely crazy...lol.. I can't believe that little fish ate all those shrimp.. Holy cow.... Now he's probably like yeah I attack my buddies and get a reward...sweet....

sailor
02-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Wow, you should rename it the "shrimpinater"
That looks like me after a trip to red lobster lol

Fishalicious
02-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Hahaha well whether it was the pig out or not this 'baby' angel now has hatched eggs with it's partner - they are still babies themselves but doing great... maybe a nice breeding tip - let them pig out on fresh shrimp :ezpi_wink1:

sailor
02-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Was that with or without cocktail sauce?

Fishalicious
02-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Hahahaha luckily without sauce or else he really would have literally 'sunk'