PDA

View Full Version : Rep Points?

Severus
09-22-2006, 02:29 AM
Im still a little lost with the new setup and this might even be stated somewhere, but i figured id ask. I was just wondering how do we acheive Rep Points? This site has become even more addicting with all the new features

NorthernBoy
09-22-2006, 03:22 AM
you have to activate the rep points. see the pm i sent you.

Severus
09-22-2006, 04:10 PM
alright. Thanks a lot

William
09-22-2006, 04:14 PM
Yes. You can enable/disable reputation(or rather to show reputation) in your controll panel) you than have to wait for other users to give you rep to get rep points.

You give other users reputation by clicking the scale in thebar above the post (next to the post number) you are then taken to a screen where you can enter "I agree" to give rep and "I disagree" to give negative rep (take rep).

how much rep you give/take depends on your own reputation.

rollie
09-22-2006, 04:16 PM
what is rep points.
it should of been aswer on the forum so all could see and know.

rollie
09-22-2006, 04:21 PM
ok. william had all ready answer it.
i do not like this rep points things.

someone give good infor, but someone who know nothing about it , can put you down. this is not right.

Severus
09-22-2006, 04:22 PM
I enabled it. Thanks for the help. And basically im assuming it is just a measure of how reliable/ trustworthy/ reputable you are lol

William
09-22-2006, 04:26 PM
Yes. It is and it usually works rather well because even if some member can use it incorrectly most use it well and there are systems to prevent one from miss using it. Such as that you have to spread your reputation so that you can't just attack one user etc.

And you can just choose not to display it if you don't want to Rollie.

Severus
09-22-2006, 04:28 PM
I like it. Thanks for clearing it up William