PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Cichlid at LFS

Emmastaff
02-06-2008, 03:51 AM
I am just curious, not planning on purchasing any. In my search for my current pair of Kribs, I visited many a LFS and even a few of the big pet retailers. Most stores had a tank labeled "Dwarf Cichlids. There seemed to be a variety in these tanks, and I swear there was a few Kribs in one of these tanks at Pet Supplies Plus. But I wasn't sure, and waited until I found a reliable source to purchase my Kribs. ( I really didn't want to guess)
What are usually in those mixed tanks? I am really just curious what types they throw in there because they all look so different. Just trying to educate myself. :c12:

cocoa_pleco
02-06-2008, 03:55 AM
here dwarf cichlid tanks usually consist of jellybean parrots, apistos, kribs, and rams

jbeining75
02-06-2008, 04:44 AM
here the same as cocoas post rams, apistos, kribs, etc.......... ask the pet store they should know the difference as when they order they order species and use it as a mixed dwarf tank..... they will know the species.... if not I'd seriously think about looking elsewhere....

Incredulous_Ed
02-06-2008, 04:47 AM
I have never seen "assorted dwraf cichlids"

Finding dwarf cichlids in this area is like nailing jelly to the cieling

jbeining75
02-06-2008, 04:49 AM
that would make a fun game drunk ed..... awesome idea.....

cocoa_pleco
02-06-2008, 04:53 AM
lol, here theres so many dwarf cichlids and african cichlids that petsmart just dumps like 10 species of africans into one tank and 5 species of dwarfs into another tank and sells them for $5 each no matter what species they are

jbeining75
02-06-2008, 05:07 AM
yeah they do the same here in a mixed african you'll see electric yellow, electric blue, orange cichlid, maylandi, leporanius all in one tank...... with plenty other, them mixed mbuna happens alot to africans from Malawi...... usually assorted africans are all tanganyikas