PDA

View Full Version : Krill

Sinnbox
02-04-2008, 11:04 PM
Hi, my LFS was closed today so i went to Wal-Mart to look for fish food, I saw some Krill and so i picked up a bottle of it for my Piranha, I am wondering if anyone here has used Krill before,and if it is ok to feed it to piranhas. I broke some up so my goldfish could have a special treat but they must have not liked it much, they usualy finidh off all the goldfish flakes i put in in seconds, but they acted weird towards the krill. maybe just because it was new, im not sure.

YaYgoldFish
02-04-2008, 11:07 PM
The goldfish arent keen of the krill because they are more herbivorous fish. If you want to give them treats, you can get them fruits. For the piranha the krill be be fine.

Sinnbox
02-04-2008, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the info.

jbeining75
02-04-2008, 11:56 PM
anything carnivores will eat the krill, I feed it to my Oscars as a supplement to Hikari-Bio gold.... the goldfish will probably reject the krill as previous poster stated they are herbivores. They may take it though. I know alot of people that feed pacu and other herbavores krill and they accept it....

YaYgoldFish
02-05-2008, 12:18 AM
Pacus are actually omnivorous:thumb:

jbeining75
02-05-2008, 12:22 AM
yeah youre right they are....... I'm trying to type to two people at once and post lol....