PDA

View Full Version : lock out of my emails

rollie
09-20-2006, 01:02 PM
i can not get into any of my emails, can not even find them.

i think i been hit by a virus, of some sort.

all was working good till this morning.

i am hoping my brother can fix it, when he come tonight.

i can still get on the net.

i might be wrong but i think it came from ac, when it was hatched into.
i think he was after peoples email address.

Severus
09-20-2006, 07:54 PM
Im able to get onto my e-mail, but maybe i just got lucky. I hope everything works out for you. Good Luck!

DemonShark
09-20-2006, 08:07 PM
i work

William
09-20-2006, 10:30 PM
Sorry to hear that Rollie. I really hope you will be able to solve it.

He did not need to hack the site to get your email info (you have set to display it publicly in very post) and aquaticcommunity.com doesn't store any other information that could help him get into your email. All data such as passwords are encrypted in such away that even I with full access can't se your login password, only change it.

If you don't want to show your email publicly change the always show email seeting to "no"

It can however be pointed out that displaying ones email publicly on forums make it very easy for spammers of different types to get a hold of your email. It is also easy to save the info about where the spammer got a hold of the email and use that as sender.

It is unfortunately very easy to fake who an email is from. I can therefore tell everybody that I never send out email containing attachments from aquaticcommunity.com. If you get such an email just delete it without clicking the attachments.

I also doubt that this is anything the hacker would to. He took care and didn't harm any files. He wants to be noticed not to destroy. The old hacker that made us lost some images didn't get access to the main system.

None the less the new safer system will be introduced soon.

rollie
09-21-2006, 02:04 AM
it is a real bad keylogger. my brother can fix it but it going to take time to do.

and it came from the hatcher that hatck ac.

some keylogger can be set to open at different time.

will not be able to fix it till the weekend, but it had been contain.

so hopefully it can not do anythings now. but i am not able to open my emails.

if i want to check my emails, i used my other computer.

William
09-21-2006, 05:54 AM
Sorry to hear that. I am working on replacing all the old systems in the site update.

I will have the administrator run a virus/malware check on the server aquatic uses just in case but scripts he may have left along can't send emails. That function was turned of right after the attack.

But just to be on the safe side:
Never open attachment in mails that appear to come from aquatic. I never send attachments to you.

William
09-21-2006, 05:58 AM
Also I always recommend using firefox when you surf the web. Much safer than IE.

rollie
09-21-2006, 07:57 AM
it to hard for me to explain, but it came in , when ac send me notice that someone had posted a reply , to something i had put on.
i run all my rirus check that day, but it got thought.

it would not of made any different if my email would of been hidden.

i do not keep persont information on my computer. i do not put anythings on this computer unless i want all to see it.

my brother explain it to me, but it way above my head.
plus i talk to one of my on line computer expert, and they tell me the same thing.

this was just what i do not need, but it just my luck. oh well that life i guess.

but as i said, it been contain, for now and it will be remove as soon as he get a time.

kimmers318
09-21-2006, 11:41 AM
So sorry for your luck Rollie. Hopefully you will get straightened around quickly.

What is firefox?

William
09-21-2006, 02:45 PM
I have to agree Rollie. very sorry to hear what happened to you. Just to make sure I downloaded the entire site and ran it through a virus program without finding anything. You most have had bad luck. Or been targetted but I can't se why that would be.

This new system which the forum runs on are much safer than the old one and will hopefully help prevent future problems.

Kimmers: Firefox is a internet browser that is much safer than internet explorer (and often faster) and you are less likely to get viruses, keyloggers etc if you use it.

rollie
09-21-2006, 10:14 PM
well i am just now finally able to get in here.
this new site would not let me in, but now it does.

as far as firefox internet brower being safer, i do not know about that.
i know peoples who had it and will never have it again.
you can and will have trouble with any progem, when you are on the net.

and yes, certain peoples would like to see me not on the net.
but i on the net to stay.lol

William
09-21-2006, 10:49 PM
The fact that you couldn't come in on the forum was my fault. I made a misstake regarding group permission that made all "old" members unable to post etc. It is fixed now. thanks to Northernboy and magic for reporting the problem to me so that I could solve it.

Firefox is in no way safe. no internet application ever is but it is safer than IE since there are much fewer viruses made for it since 70-80% of surfers use firefox and only 15-20% or so uses firefox. it should still be combined with a virus programm and a firewall. MY experince with firefox has been good. The only drawback is that it doesn't support some text effects that IE supports.

And your right, don't let them keep you of the web thumbs2: