PDA

View Full Version : Crayfish fungus?

spottedbass
02-04-2008, 02:04 AM
Hola,

I've had a crayfish and spotted bass for about 2 years now. I once had 2 crayfish (now that i think of it the other crayfish may have been a shrimp) but the other died of old age. About six months of having my crayfish he had this layer of whitish-clear mold al over his body...its very thin and kinda hard to see. Since i got him full grown he doese'nt really molt anymore. Iv'e never been able to get this stuff off of him. I've never noticed any change in his health. There has been no change in his teperment or eating or anything. He has always been very calm and he never attacks my bass (who is very small).
If anyone can tell me if i should be concerned or what i would really appreciate it. Thanks.

gm72
02-04-2008, 02:16 AM
I don't know much about crayfish, but are you able to post a picture?

spottedbass
02-04-2008, 02:39 AM
I can post a picture but my camera isn't good enought to pick up the slime or whatever it is. It's very small thin and white. I have him in a magnifying fish bowl right now. It looks alot like white hair and can only be seen from the sides exept for on his claws where it can easily be seen (but still not be picked up by the camera). Its growing just about every where except on his eyes and antenna.

Levi
02-04-2008, 10:38 PM
if you have him in a fishbowl, the water quality probably isn't the best