PDA

View Full Version : Easy to make cave

Lady Hobbs
09-20-2006, 01:20 AM
I recently saw this cave on the web that was rather cool and so easy to make.

You cut a piece of PVC pipe that's large enough for your fish to swim thru without getting stuck. Any length you like. Spread aquarium epoxy on it and add aquarium gravel. Looks pretty cool and is nearly invisible when it's the same color stones as in the bottom of your tank.

If you're really good with a saw, you can cut out openings as well.

Something I'd like to add here is be careful with some of the decorations you buy. I purchased this wonderful huge castle that is very pretty and was very costly. Two of my gourami's got stuck in the darned thing and died. This castle had several openings, both large and small but the gourami's chose the smaller openings! I want to use this castle but will have to find a way to plug up those smaller openings.

William
09-20-2006, 02:21 AM
Thanks for sharing.

I most say. You make an impressive entrance to the forum.

kimmers318
09-20-2006, 12:18 PM
Yes, I have seen that somewhere else too and it seems rather a neat way to add pipes to the tank. Haven't yet tried it, but ya never know what I might get up to when/if I get bored!
Have you done any of these yet so we can have some pics?

Lady Hobbs
09-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Have you done any of these yet so we can have some pics?

Not yet. My son is a builder so I will get him to cut me several when he's on his next job. With the cost of decorations, I think we need to just get smarter. :lol:

Lady Hobbs
09-20-2006, 03:44 PM
You make an impressive entrance to the forum.
Well thank you! :oops: I've only been keeping fish for 6 months so I'm really just a newbie still but I have done my research.
I have learned so much about fish care just surfing the web. All one needs to do is read, read, read and listen to good advice when it's been given.

Glasstapper
09-20-2006, 05:34 PM
I agree with you hobbs. Just a couple of months ago, I had never heard the words nitrite or gourami before, but now I'm able to follow along conversations with the latin species fish names and learning how to solve small behavioral and water problems.

This hobby has unlimited creativity factors, and one can self-teach themselves enormous amounts of information on the internet.

All we need now is some hands-on experience, and we'll be great hobbyists.

Severus
09-20-2006, 07:51 PM
Sounds like a great idea, and i am also relatively new to fish keeping. Like everyone else i am eager to learn how to better care for my fish and soak up as much knowledge as i can

NorthernBoy
09-21-2006, 05:29 AM
ya kimmers you saw it posted here...

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ftopict-688.html

Its a great idea though.

Lady Hobbs
09-21-2006, 09:36 AM
Oh man. There I am again. A dollar short and a day late. I actually saw it in About.com. At least two of us have liked the idea. lol

NorthernBoy
09-22-2006, 03:32 AM
it must be a good idea if so many people have written about it. lol