PDA

View Full Version : New shrimps!

Azear
02-01-2008, 12:06 PM
I will definately go back again to Big Als at Montreal.... Wow... I mean... they have a s*itload of stuff ^_^... So, last evening, I went and couldn't resist... had to buy some new stuff and they happen to had some neat Amano shrimps at cheap price and good ghost shrimp size/price... so on the paper, I write down : 6 Amano (for 11.99$can) and 10 ghost (for 5.99$can)... so I was expecting to have the right quantity.... but .... well, when I got home... what have I notice ? ... there were about 20 ghost... so I was kinda happy bout it... ^_^ heh free shrimp :D... and when I've checked the Amano.... instead of 6, there were about 12 or 15... I was "WOOT!".... they normally run at 5$ each here... so... I got like 15 MONSTER amano for 12$... that's barely 1.50$ each ! :D... I love Big Als !

gm72
02-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Great score there! I wish I had a store like that in shooting distance from me.

jbeining75
02-01-2008, 02:38 PM
Yeah nice score just keep the whole tank closed up... ghost shrimp love to jump out.....

Ty
02-01-2008, 04:01 PM
dang, thats a deal and a half right there.

tropfish
02-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Good deal, that's awesome.

Sasquatch
02-01-2008, 04:27 PM
There's a Big Al's in Montreal? Cool, where is it?

I'm heading down early next week and it'd be cool to look around.

Nice score on the shrimp, we have some at the LFS at $2.50 each, but you get a discout if you buy lots (15% for 3, 20% for 6+).

goleafs
02-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Big Al's is the best, they really know what they are doing. I live about 20 minutes away from one and have bought all my fish , aquariums and aquarium related stuff there.

Ty
02-01-2008, 05:47 PM
I went to a petstore, and they had ghost shrimp for .75 cents a peice.

Im kicking myself for not getting some.

Azear
02-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Yeah nice score just keep the whole tank closed up... ghost shrimp love to jump out.....

Yeah, I know... I've been keeping alot ghost shrimp a while ago... so I'm aware of what theses littl' monster can do :D

There's a Big Al's in Montreal? Cool, where is it?

I'm heading down early next week and it'd be cool to look around.

Nice score on the shrimp, we have some at the LFS at $2.50 each, but you get a discout if you buy lots (15% for 3, 20% for 6+).

Yeah it's on the corner of the Aut 40 and Blv des sources. here's a link from the web site:
http://www.bigalscanada.com/storelocations/Montreal/montmain.htm

And there's a "suposed to be" huge Nature near this big Al... It's near the Fairview Point-claire and Blv St-jean. Here's a link from the web site:
http://www.naturepet.com/locations.htm

And for theses shrimps you can get off your pet store... are they Ghost shrimp ? or all kind of shrimps ? what do they stock ? I'm surious :D

I went to a petstore, and they had ghost shrimp for .75 cents a peice.

Im kicking myself for not getting some.

Yeah Ghost aren't expensive since they are mainly sold as feeder for bigger fishes... but they are just sooo great at cleaning and looking at when in a community tank :D...

Sasquatch
02-01-2008, 10:58 PM
And for theses shrimps you can get off your pet store... are they Ghost shrimp ? or all kind of shrimps ? what do they stock ? I'm surious :D

Thanks for the info. Don't think I'll have time to go there next week, but it's always good to know it's there.

For the shrimps, they had:
- Amano shrimp $2
- Green shrimp $2.5
- Green Rock Shrimp $4

I bought the green shrimps. Six of them for $12, so they only cost about $2 each. So far so good, they're in the 10g and cleaning like mad. It's kinda funny, they're all sticking to the back wall of the aquarium. It's cool to see them "from the top" like that.

Tolley
02-01-2008, 11:01 PM
man you guys get them cheap, 1 amano shrimp here is £2.50 ( $5 )

squirt_12
02-01-2008, 11:43 PM
wow....thats an amazing deal :thumb:

here i got ghost shrimp for $0.20 a piece.