PDA

View Full Version : My Angels Lost It's Ventral Fins

TonytheTiger
09-14-2006, 05:40 PM
I have several Angels in a community tank. Yesterday, when I turned on the light, I noticed that the biggest of my Angels had lost about 90% of it's left ventral fin. Today when I turned on the light, I noticed that the same Angel had lost about 80% of it's other ventral fin. My Angels have been in the community tank (55 Gal) for a little over two months and haven't shown any compatibility problems with the other fish. Could this be a disease or has one of the other fish in the tank gone on a fin eating spree? The tank includes Cherry Barbs, Red-Eyed Tetras, just two little White Clouds, two small Silver Dollars, Rainbow Shark, two Pictus Cats, and small Algae Eaters. I'm having doubts that it is any of the other fish when none of the other (smaller) Angels are missing any fins and I've never had a problem until now. If it is a fish, I would guess it to be the Rainbow Shark, however my shark is active all day long and not just at night and has never shown aggression to any other fish (that I've seen). All the fish are well fed. So, four questions. Does anyone have any ideas? Do you think the ventral fins will grow back? Is there any medication I should put in the tank to promote fin growth? Is the Angel at risk of an infection?

Thanks for any help!

William
09-14-2006, 06:38 PM
Yes the finns will likely grow back.

The reason for this si ahrd to say without seeing the tank etv, the rainbow shark might be guilty. it might also be fin rot.