PDA

View Full Version : Banded Jewel Cichlid

jman
09-13-2006, 10:59 PM
Hey you guys what do you know about the banded jewel cichlid
i have one that i keep with all the big south american cichlids in the house
he was a bit of a bully to growing south americans around the same size but now he's around huge cichlids and the only thing in there his size is one of the pikes, now he seems to blend right in.

William
09-13-2006, 11:37 PM
banded jewel cichlid =Hemichromis elongatus african species. grows to be about 6 inches/ 15 cm.

what do you want to know?

jman
09-14-2006, 11:12 PM
how come you dont really see lots around are they hard to find or not sold that often around for a reason?

William
09-15-2006, 10:14 AM
I think it mainly is due t0 the reason that they aren't that popular so the stores don't keep them in stock.

jman
09-16-2006, 02:23 AM
why are thay popular everyone that sees him says that's the best looking fish that's in the tank. What do you think about it?

William
09-16-2006, 03:01 AM
LOL
There is a lot of very nice fish that isn't popular. The reasons for this can be many, people don't know about them, they are to aggressive etc.

jman
09-17-2006, 12:56 AM
o o.k. i was just wondering i got him out of about 5 of them and he had the rest just like little babies and i haven't seen the fish anywhere not even on the net until i just looked him up for myself i am now thinking about raising something big like one of those flowerhorns i have one in my tank but not for long i am going to empty it out and grow him as big as possible yeeeee